Whether Suzuki and his team will take Shenmue fans' advice to make Shenmue 4

Not bad idea in theory but to which fans you should listen? The fans like me who were happy with the game and didn't mind the flaws or the fans that were not happy about S3 because it was not that what they have expected? Especially the opinion about the story i quite diverse.

There is no right or wrong in the fans opinions. Everybody is right from their point of view.

First and foremost Suzuki should do what he wants and he should succeed or fail based on that. However, if he is allowing fans to influence him, then it should be in the form of keeping his story straight (ie: he forgot that Xiuying and Ziming were orphans, and forgot about the mysterious scroll). I don't think using fans to keep track of established story points is a bad thing (even GRRM uses one for his books); 20+ years is a long time and a lot to remember.

I wonder if he ever kept a journal or notebook with all his story written out and organized? Or that no longer exists and he is going off memory alone?

I wonder if he ever kept a journal or notebook with all his story written out and organized? Or that no longer exists and he is going off memory alone?
We know there's the original scripts from back when it was VFRPG so there's something to go on. Legend of Akira I think it was called or something like that.

Beyond that I've no idea. Things have been chopped and changed quite a bit, if you look at the 2014 GDC tiles there's locations in there before Ryo even reaches Guilin that we never went to.

Back