Which characters do you think will be introduced and which will come back?

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
As we wait for Shenmue IV, I think this would be a good time to talk about who can come back, and who can be introduced.

-Introduced
-Ziming
-Well, he's sort of been introduced in the Shenmue side story manga along with Niao Sun. Considering his connection to Xiuying and he's a
member of the Chiyoumen and he is an associate with Niao Sun, Shenmue IV would be a great opportunity to bring him in. Are we to guess
he's as strong as Xiuying? Or even stronger? Will Ryo have to fight him? If he does, I'm not expecting that fight to go any better than his fights
Lan Di, Xiuying, and Sun.

-Other Chiyoumen members
-Needs no explanation

Come back
-Xiuying
-I think she needs to come back if Ziming is involved...or at least Ryo can call her or write a letter. As far as we know, we don't know if Ziming is
operating in the Chiyoumen under his real name or a fake name. At least we also know that Ryo is aware of what his real name is and holds the
Yin while Ziming has the Yang.

-Gui Zhang
-I think Gui Zhang can come back to help end the Chiyoumen and in turn help secure his family business. Considering he and Ryo come from
similar backgrounds and would seek vengeance if his father was killed, I think that's more than enough motivation to bring him back.

Of course, there are the obvious such as Niao Sun and Lan Di. I anticipate Shenmue IV will gives us more information about the Chiyoumen.

i would like to see ryo's re-introduced in the form of flashbacks or dreams, he could give ryo advice or ryo could re-remember a kung fu move he forgot. also i think it's important that ryo's father is reintroduced because it re-establishes what ryo is fighting for.

i could see guizhang chen making an appearance but i don't know what he would do.

as for the other characters, interactive phone calls would be nice. maybe they could have more importance to the plot or simply, you could call them to get advice.

Don't know how I missed this thread, first time 'round but.

1. Ziming as well, I think will make his first appearance. We will also probably see the West leader, but Ziming is a for sure, especially since Niao Sun has now been introduced.

I don't think he'll be as strong as Xiuying, as all the material and such has shown, thus far.

2. Guizhang ain't coming back. He is a typical episodic character and he had his stint in 'mue, like Joy and Wong (who won't be coming back either) and Shiling and Qiu Hsu.

3. I only see Shenhua and Ren returning and the game could possibly end with his death, if the GDC cards are to be taken seriously?

We will also see the random characters that have been hinted, such as MingMing, IMO.

I'd like to see Ziming, Guizhang, and more of Niao Sun myself. And, well I'm still curious about this Tentei character and what he holds for the story. Can't forget Shenhua and Ren.

Wait, Ren's death @Truck_1_0_1_?

Speculation from the GDC cards; Ryo is carrying (what looks to be) a man in his arms, as he looks down on the... is it the Forbidden City? With Ren's bandana around his head (ala Akira).

Speculation from the GDC cards; Ryo is carrying (what looks to be) a man in his arms, as he looks down on the... is it the Forbidden City? With Ren's bandana around his head (ala Akira).
can anyone show me where I can look at GDC cards? I will admit I have never actually seen them. I need to go watch this Project Berkley video I assume?

can anyone show me where I can look at GDC cards? I will admit I have never actually seen them. I need to go watch this Project Berkley video I assume?

FI-HYnaXwAAkRj3

I feel that Shenmue IV will be The Chi You Men arc so this is what i think about this.

-Introduced
Chi You Men members and the other 3 leaders.
New master of Ryo, maybe he will have 2 masters in Shenmue IV, i think one of the masters will be a Shaolin Monk Master.
Maybe we will finally see Akane character design, i really want to know more about Ryo's mother, for her character design to be introduced in the story.
Maybe Ming Ming will be introduced in Shenmue IV.

Ming Ming

N1EdPdJ.jpg

Maybe we will have other interesting characters introduced but we just dont know about them yet.

-Come back
Xiuying, would be awesome to see Xiuying again, i think we will see Xiuying again and everything about Xiuying and Ziming will have a closure, maybe Ziming will die.
Guizhang can come back to help Ryo, would be awesome to see this but i think Guizhang will not come back.
Lan Di and Niao Sun, i think we will learn more about them.
Ren and Shenhua. Ryo is with them now so it will be really fun and interesting to see their interactions, i'm looking forward to see this in Shenmue IV.
Shenmue I and II characters phone calls in a similar way that happened in Shenmue III, maybe we will have phone calls again in Shenmue IV.
Maybe flashbacks with Iwao.

I will edit my post if i remember other characters.

Last edited:
Man. Those cards seem epic. The thought of what might have been.

Yuanda Zhu/Tentei mindfuckery

Who led Lan Di into the Chi You men? What if Zhu is like Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, or Ducard in Batman Begins, and manipulated young Lan Di into joining the Chi You men? That could be an interesting flashback near the end of the game.

Back