Why did Ryo race home in the beginning?

I run aplenty, but i also do play the game and challenge myself to walk about 98% of the time :D

It's never been stated why he raced home officially but I always presumed he was coming home after school

If I remember correctly, he later talks with a neighbor about the black car that almost ran her over, so it could be that Ryo watched that happening and then he saw the car heading towards his house. Considering the timing, he could have seen the car stopping in front of his house from down the road and perhaps even one of the two guys breaking his sign.

It's never been stated why he raced home officially but I always presumed he was coming home after school
Doubt it. The game begins on a Saturday. Unless he was one of those students who had weekend classes or something

I always thought that Ryo was on his way home and on the way he heard some of the people outside
(like the women at the phone booth or whatever)
talking about a suspicous looking fast black car and then Ryo spotted the car and the broken sign
while he was looking up at the street up the hill. In the beginning cutscene,
Ryo is running up the hill and straight forward he can see the open door, the car and the broken sign.
So i thought he already spotted it from down below where the shrine is and / or already heard about 'some fast black car'
on his way. They just didnt show it because they wanted a faster story pacing.
I never really thought about it being some kind of mystery?

I wont argue with what that says and I am not sure what "until recently" actually means or when that was posted (I wont be clicking on the article.), but obviously before April 2002. However I distinctly remember that they were doing the two days out of the month Saturday thing before 2000, as I read it in a newspaper clipping back in my high school years. Now what they were doing back in 1980's I have no idea, probably an almost everyday thing, as that newspaper clipping had mentioned as well. Unless schools are left to do their own schedules within limits and or it being closer to the holidays maybe they had the day off.

Let it be cliche as hell and make it start at Suka High. Classes just ended and Ryo and his classmates and friends talk about how they are going to celebrate later that day. After all, the day of the incident is Ryo's 18th birthday. And then let Ryo do that stride home seeing the black car thingy.
I like this idea, needs a scene with Nozomi with that about-to-burst-into-tears face and Ryo all like "Oh it's you Harasaki" *shoves out of the way*

Back