Why is everyone involved in Shenmue 3 keep mouth shut?

How many people in YS NET Deep Silver EPIC If Shenmue 3 is disaster many people will jump of the boat walk away and talking about problem of the game the negative info is sale very well and fast in internet and I dont belief Lakshya Digital dont want to know how is Shenmue 3 sales and not ask anyone in YS NET or Deep Silver

Welcome to NDAs

Why do you expect anyone to have commented? The game hasn’t even been out two months. What do you expect them to say? The first big milestone to hit is 500k sales, and even the most optimistic among us don’t think it’s anywhere close to surpassing that figure.

That really leaves only two things to say:

‘The game bombed.’ or ‘Sales are coming along nicely.’.

The former, assuming that’s the case, would be damaging to all involved and potentially have an impact on future sales. The second, which I think is more than likely where we’re at, serves absolutely no purpose.

Better for all involved to remain silent until they have something worthwhile to say.

They also have the DLC to come and that will feed into overall figures.

Quite often it takes months if not a year for a true sales reflection to be known.

Why do you expect anyone to have commented? The game hasn’t even been out two months. What do you expect them to say? The first big milestone to hit is 500k sales, and even the most optimistic among us don’t think it’s anywhere close to surpassing that figure.

That really leaves only two things to say:

‘The game bombed.’ or ‘Sales are coming along nicely.’.

The former, assuming that’s the case, would be damaging to all involved and potentially have an impact on future sales. The second, which I think is more than likely where we’re at, serves absolutely no purpose.

Better for all involved to remain silent until they have something worthwhile to say.
I dont say about offical

Non Disclosure Agreements may prevent people from talking about a project for a certain amount of time.

Also, if they are not personally fans of the project, it might be just a job to them.

Thirdly, they may not be talking about it because it is not really a professional thing to do. A programmer or game artist's job is not to do public relations for a game or to make public announcements or give interviews. It is not their place to do so and would look improper, professionally.

Back