Why is it that everytime a Shenmue game releases, a historical event happens right after it releases?

COINCIDENCE? I don't think so.

I think Mr. Suzuki is teaming up with the calendar year to create more historical events with the anime next year as well !1!1!!

We NEED to convince Yu Suzuki to not release Shenmue 4!!11!

Shenmue 1 released merely 2 days before the turn of a decade, century, and Millenium, all at once.

The posts I've made in this thread were in jest but would people who are superstitious go out of their way to prevent Shenmue IV from happening because they think that Yu Suzuki is actually cursed & could bring more historical events events into the planet? The internet's full of crazies who should not have access to the internet anyways who actually thinks the calender year is what causes events to happen & not the people themselves. Fucking social media making the internet an absolute dystopia. This is why I don't go to the net all that much if at all save for this forum.

Last edited:
The posts I've made in this thread were in jest but would people who are superstitious go out of their way to prevent Shenmue IV from happening because they think that Yu Suzuki is actually cursed & could bring more historical events events into the planet?

No superstitious person is making those connections to shenmue and yu Suzuki of all things

The posts I've made in this thread were in jest but would people who are superstitious go out of their way to prevent Shenmue IV from happening because they think that Yu Suzuki is actually cursed & could bring more historical events events into the planet?
Hopefully, the next event will be all the crazy Sharens jumping off a cliff as part of a mass Shenmue 4 protest.

"muh ps2 gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."

because we are messing with the space time continuum in a timeline where sony and nintendo rule and Sega lost.

It's the same for Sonic, the movie (the first really good thing that happened to the franchise in the last decade) happened just before the pandemic.

It's the same for Sonic, the movie (the first really good thing that happened to the franchise in the last decade) happened just before the pandemic.
Other than the release of the best game in the entire series in 2017, obviously :p

Shenmue the anime released right as the "Invasion" happened, the next game will release before the Sun explodes, nah just joking, sorry

Reactions: OKD
Back