Why your username?

Not a particularly big comic fan but thought Mr Sinister had a bad ass look (despite me not liking dark themes, vampirism etc.) and interesting back story. I also thought he had a really good name that rolled of the tongue well. Started using it when I needed to come up with a random name when signing up to websites, something I would remember and it just stuck.

Previously I went by the name of Dominus which means "Master" in Latin. Learnt in when learning Latin back when I was 12 or so.

1604610835626.png

I joined secondary school with an ego the size of a small planet. Cocky as fuck, felt on top of the world, then my brother and his mates thought it essential to bring me back down to earth. Gave me a few nicknames in one session of attempted brutal bullying. Bulb Head, Nipple Face, and Mittens.

Bulb Head because I've got a Frankenstein-shaped fod, Nipple Face coz I had a mole on my dome (got it removed a couple of years back), and Mittens because one recalled that I wore mittens up til the age of 5. Those mittens were top btw, my granny knitted them and featured a snowman smoking a pipe.

Anyway, the next day in school all my mates somehow already knew about it and I was essentially christened Mittens. There are pensioners that only know me by that name. I fucking loved it, and still do. It stuck. In a good way.

2317 is something I use so prominently I steer well clear of using any of the numbers for PINs or passwords. Marc-Vivien Foe was one of my favourite players during our final season at Maine Road. Most Blues checked the news every day during the summer window to see if we'd signed him (we only had him on loan, but it was obvious he belonged in Manchester)

I was pissin about in the garden one day while my dad was watching him play for Cameroon. At some point I got called inside. My mam n dad told me he'd died. I remember being pretty confused as the match was still on and I'd just seen him. Anyway, turns out he quite literally dropped dead. I was pretty devastated.

23 was his shirt number for City (which we then retired), and 17 for Cameroon. Bit of a shit tribute, but I did make a Cameroon flag and taped it to the gates at Maine Road. Then it got covered with a shitloada other tributes. It's mad how you grow a connection to a footballer in less than a year.

I've never really been too arsed about celebrity deaths, but I still feel down whenever I think about him. I'm now older than he was when he died. I hope his kids are doin well, they'll be adults by now.

It’s just a nickname? if a certain character in Killer7 but revealing their identity may well be a spoiler for some who still want to play it. I’ll just say, there are a number of different interpretations of what actually goes down and what it all means, but to me personally, it’s about eschewing preconceived morals and things taken for granted, perhaps chosen for you or thrown on you by others, and taking it upon yourself to learn the truth, no matter what it is. I feel like this name has a sort of a double meaning and that this idea is one of them.

It's my actual name. I'm lazy and I couldn't be bothered hiding behind a user name anymore.

The 861 part? Originates from my email. When I signed up to Gmail, I wanted it to be danielmann86 (1986 is my birth year) but it was taken. So I kind of just went 861 and it stuck.

Haven't used a user name in 10 years. Just moved passed that phase in my life and am happy being known by my real name.

It's a combination of the first syllable of "Shenmue" and my initials. I think at the time I was coming up with a username, back in January 2006, it was a toss up between my current one and "ShenmueRulez." I think I made the right decision 😄

Utada Hikaru nickname is Hikki, i love Utada Hikaru so much, and this username suits me for other reasons as well, i like being called Hiki.

Last edited:
bc = My initials
dc = Dreamcast
dude = Dude

I've had this since 1999 which says a lot...My previous net handle was "djcookie". Back in the late 90's, I was still trying to find my place in the music community and I liked a bit of everything, but DJ's were pretty big back then, so nabbed that. The cookie part was from an episode of Friends where Ross helps sell cookies for a girl he accidentally knocked down the stairs. He made a ton of money selling cookies to some stoners who referred to him as "Cookie dude!"

Now I think about it. Maybe that's where I got the "dude" from. Amazing that a throwaway joke has become part of my idendity for over 2 decades.

Don't know if I ever mentioned the origin of my name before. This here is a good opportunity to do so.

It's quite obviously a combination of Blue Blur and Shenmue
Signaling a symbiosis of Sonic the Hedgehog and... well duh.

It means ´lightning´⚡ in my language. I like to watch it as a natural phenomenon. And It's short. So that's why I chose it. 😁
Damn it. I thought it was short for "B licks T," which would have led to me asking (1) just who "B" and "T" are, and (2) if you have any pictures of this event.

Consider me disappoint :disappointed:

Mine is my nickname in real life and the "101," moniker looks/sounds cool (to me), but I'll explain the underscores.

So in grade 6 (when I was still 3rd tallest of my peers and was fairly-decent at basketball), when defending my buddy who wasn't the greatest at basketball, but knew the sport like I know baseball and F1, I didn't know the proper defensive concepts, so I just charged and tried to steal the ball, always. That, combined with my size, he said, "you're like a truck!" (in an endearing way).

He then started calling me that and lo and behold, more people started calling me that lol. Then, I made the mistake of introducing myself in EVERY grade 9 class as, "my nickname is Truck," and I got called that more than my actual name, by my peers lol (my closest friends always called me by my first name though).

In 2003, my 2 closest friends and I started playing Age of Empires 2 on MSN Gaming Zone (lol); one of said friends and myself, had been playing the game since it came out (he's better than me), but the other friend was new to it, so we decided to have a few rounds. When creating a Gamertag, obviously, "Truck," was in use, so I tried, "Truck101," it too was in use. So I played around with names, until "Truck_1_0_1_," came out and it looked good (to me lol), so I went with that!

Thus, it is my username, gamertag, etc. etc. I literally use it for everything:

gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/61030.html

And see gamertags under my name :)

I didn't regularly post on the Dojo until the forum relaunch in 2003 when I joined as Master Baihu. I wanted something Shenmue related and the name, while extremely generic was free.
1605313421501.png
Pictured: What anyone reading my posts 2003-2004 suspected I looked like.
At a certain point I wanted to pivot away from the persona I had cultivated on the forums and changing my name to Bambi was a kind of antithesis. A few people at the time hated it and while the pendulum definitely swung from one extreme to another it ultimately achieved what I wanted and helped me reconcile the difference between who I was online and my real personality.

What maybe wasn't ideal is that I couldn't be arsed changing my handle again and used the it when I played Counter-Strike at LAN, the result of which is that I still have one real life friend who calls me Bams.

Back