Will Shenmue IV Be Announced at The Game Awards 2021?

Will Shenmue IV Be Announced at The Game Awards 2021?

• Total voters
I don't listen to rumors I need Yu, Cedric, Sega or etc to confirm it. Shenmue 3 had 4 years of delvopment and it still had things wrong with it. I believe Yu is gonna take his sweet time with Shenmue 4 no sooner than 4 years. Maybe a little shorter since most if the assets are in place.
He actually said that in may 2020 with a IGN interesting I'm taking all the hints in account there hasn't been any rumors of 4 just hints which is good.

No, but second anime trailer + an air date at TGA 2021 would be *amazing* exposure on top of an already impressive debut.

The Japanese trailer on Crunchyroll's YouTube has something like 300,000 views. 🤯

I don't think it will be shown at the event. Suzuki san and his team are now working on a full-blown anime debut and they're already fully focused on the project. Any additional info about the anime would be great, but you should cut Suzuki some slack about this whole "Where's Shenmue IV?" shenanigan.

Highly unlikely to be announced a TGA2021. If we don't have news this time next year I'd be concerned.

However it is possible the Anime could be shown, Anime has been shown there before.

Do you y'all think Shenmue IV will release in 2022 someone predicted on Twitter by using Crunchyroll's and Adult Swim's roadmap that the anime will premiere January 29 2022 so can Shenmue IV release in late 2022?
That means only 3 years since the previous release. And seeing how its unlikely development started right after S3 released, a 2022 release doesn't sound like a target they'd hit.

That means only 3 years since the previous release. And seeing how its unlikely development started right after S3 released, a 2022 release doesn't sound like a target they'd hit.
Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 will take 1.5x shorter to develop than 3 and Shenmue 4 most likely did start right away cause 1 month later after 3 Yu Suzuki was taking pictures in China & when asked about his 2020 plans he said a new project start and said he wants to create a world with more freedom and leverage his knows of 3 & when asked about his 2021 plans he said a sequel to. We've had countless hints from both Yu Suzuki and Cedric Biscay you gotta remember they are most likely under NDA so they can only tell us so much.

Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 will take 1.5x shorter to develop than 3 and Shenmue 4 most likely did start right away cause 1 month later after 3 Yu Suzuki was taking pictures in China & when asked about his 2020 plans he said a new project start and said he wants to create a world with more freedom and leverage his knows of 3 & when asked about his 2021 plans he said a sequel to. We've had countless hints from both Yu Suzuki and Cedric Biscay you gotta remember they are most likely under NDA so they can only tell us so much.
I would say much of this can be explained by the pitch for Shenmue IV that we know exists, but have no clue whether it was eventually picked up or not.

Some say a hard no, but the fact is that YsNet remains staffed and open two years after their last project shipped, which is our best indicator that they're doing... something.

I honestly am not very optimistic about a Shenmue IV happening, but it definitely is interesting that YsNet is still around, but I have a (bad?) feeling they are helping out on another game/franchise for some reason.

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that Shenmue IV isn't really going to have much in the way of an announcement. At least not a grand one.

I suspect we'll just kinda hear about its existence one day via a tweet or something.

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that Shenmue IV isn't really going to have much in the way of an announcement. At least not a grand one.

I suspect we'll just kinda hear about its existence one day via a tweet or something.
That thought is somehow intriguing.

As as far as I am concerned I have still hope but I do not think we are going to hear about it soon. I also do not think that the game awards are the right enivironment for Shenmue to shine.

I'm 100% sure Shenmue 4 will happen just because of the anime. Its airing on Adult Swim alot of eyes are gonna see this. Im also 100% certain the anime will be good.

The anime is indeed a good sign. It shows that people with money have still faith in the series. If the anime is going to be good (and i think it will be ) then Shenmue 4 has a very good chance as well. I have a good feeling about the stuff. We just have to be patient.

You wouldn't create an anime with the purpose of drawing in a wider audience if you had zero plans for the future of the franchise.

We also know they're currently working on Shenmue 4 in some capacity (i.e. pitching early builds to publishers).

Its a question of when more than if, I think. I reckon we'll hear something in 2022 to follow the anime hype and introduce newcomers to the game series that way.

You wouldn't create an anime with the purpose of drawing in a wider audience if you had zero plans for the future of the franchise.

We also know they're currently working on Shenmue 4 in some capacity (i.e. pitching early builds to publishers).

Its a question of when more than if, I think. I reckon we'll hear something in 2022 to follow the anime hype and introduce newcomers to the game series that way.
Do you think with the anime Sega is only making money from licensing just like with Shenmue 3 or they are going to make more than just licensing & do you think one of the those pitches were to Sega & and Sega could be the co-developer and publisher?

I'm 100% sure Shenmue 4 will happen just because of the anime. Its airing on Adult Swim alot of eyes are gonna see this. Im also 100% certain the anime will be good.
Isn't the studio working on the anime owned by Sega? If Sega themselves is investing money back into Shenmue, that's a good sign

Suzuki san and his team are now working on a full-blown anime debut and they're already fully focused on the project.
Suzuki is the only one heavily involved I believe - his team at YSNet are most likely working on something else right now.
The anime team is a completely separate team to Yu's.

Back