Will we ever get Shenmue 1&2 on Nintendo Switch?

Will we ever get Shenmue 1&2 on Nintendo Switch?

• Total voters
Shenmue 1&2 are the 2nd most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch behind Jet Set Radio both haven't come to Nintendo Switch what is the reason behind Shenmue 1&2 not coming? I see no reason it would actually sell more than it did on Xbox One, at TGS2018 Sega did a survey what is the most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch and 2nd was Shenmue 1&2 they said afterwards they are investigating ways to bring it Shenmue Dojo said they were heavy rumors of it coming in 2019 so much so that they prepared posts for it so why hasn't come?

Shenmue 1&2 are the 2nd most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch behind Jet Set Radio both haven't come to Nintendo Switch what is the reason behind Shenmue 1&2 not coming? I see no reason it would actually sell more than it did on Xbox One, at TGS2018 Sega did a survey what is the most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch and 2nd was Shenmue 1&2 they said afterwards they are investigating ways to bring it Shenmue Dojo said they were heavy rumors of it coming in 2019 so much so that they prepared posts for it so why hasn't come?
It's a sad state of affairs it hasn't. You're right in that we had prepped everything ready for an announcement and nothing came.

Also this survey we did confirms what we all thought:

It's a sad state of affairs it hasn't. You're right in that we had prepped everything ready for an announcement and nothing came.

Also this survey we did confirms what we all thought:
Some people think cause it due to the port budget and how hard it was to port these games on consoles due to them having probably the hardest source code because how big and how ahead of their time they were it would take a long time or it would not run correctly or not recoup the budget who knows cause Sega said at TGS2018 that Shenmue 1&2 are the 2nd most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch of all time and they are investigating if it is possible to bring it they said that about Shenmue 1&2 back in late 2015 and I eventually came bht I assume it should've came out by noe maybe they decided not to do it since they alresd have the anjme coming out about the same games what yoy think?

Some people think cause it due to the port budget and how hard it was to port these games on consoles due to them having probably the hardest source code because how big and how ahead of their time they were it would take a long time or it would not run correctly or not recoup the budget who knows cause Sega said at TGS2018 that Shenmue 1&2 are the 2nd most requested Sega games on Nintendo Switch of all time and they are investigating if it is possible to bring it they said that about Shenmue 1&2 back in late 2015 and I eventually came bht I assume it should've came out by noe maybe they decided not to do it since they alresd have the anjme coming out about the same games what yoy think?
Simply put I think they should do it. The market on the Switch would work nicely for it. It's whether they can keep the costs down to make it happen/want to make it happen.

Simply put I think they should do it. The market on the Switch would work nicely for it. It's whether they can keep the costs down to make it happen/want to make it happen.

I believe Sega just doesn't want to do it. IMO Sega only re-released Shenmue 1&2 to capitalize off Shenmue 3 hype. IMO Sega could easily double their Yakuza sales if they ported the games to Switch but they won't even try. It is what it is.

I believe Sega just doesn't want to do it. IMO Sega only re-released Shenmue 1&2 to capitalize off Shenmue 3 hype. IMO Sega could easily double their Yakuza sales if they ported the games to Switch but they won't even try. It is what it is.
Why does Sega not like having their games on more systems even Yakuza from the beginning should've been on Xbox/PC now Sega CEO said all of their releases going forward will be on all platforms and regions day one.

At this point it seems doubtful....unless Shenmue 4 were to release on the Switch or the Switch 2. If that happened, I could see them taking the trouble to port the earlier games over.

It's bizarre to have left out the Switch, especially now with the recent news of switch surpassing PS4 in the US.

At this point it seems so unlikely that it would almost seem random to release it now. I guess it could coincide with the anime but that time window has been missed too.

I'm finally thinking about buying a Switch. S1/2 would be great to have for a portable device. Looks like the Steam Deck may be the only option for handheld Shenmue...

I remember a d3t dev saying their port of S1&2 required a surprising amount of overhead and needed quite a lot of optimisation to work on PS4/XOne, so Switch would definitely be a challenge.

That said, I'm sure it's possible -- I just think the boat's probably sailed on it. Maybe the anime or a S4 announcement would have them reassess it? It seems unlikely given SEGA's track record with Shenmue but who knows.

It would be great to see the Shenmue games appear on the Switch. Other that technical challenges, my suspicion is the commercial failure of Yakuza 1&2 HD on the Wii U may have deterred Sega from releasing any further such games on Nintendo consoles. I’d love to be proven wrong as I see it as a huge opportunity to increase the fan base.

It would be great to see the Shenmue games appear on the Switch. Other that technical challenges, my suspicion is the commercial failure of Yakuza 1&2 HD on the Wii U may have deterred Sega from releasing any further such games on Nintendo consoles. I’d love to be proven wrong as I see it as a huge opportunity to increase the fan base.

Having Yakuza on the Wii U wasn't the issue it was the Wii U that was the issue. The Wii U was a commercial failure so most games especially ports were doomed from the beginning. If they release Shenmue and Yakuza on the Switch it will sell. IMO having bringing Shenmue to the Switch shouldn't be a big challenge. They put Witcher 3 on the Switch.

It looks like it's a "no", which is a great shame. I love my Switch and there's no reason for it to have not been released on the console.

Back