Will You be taking a Media Blackout from Shenmue? Or Follow More Updates Leading Up to the Release?

It seems today members of the press are getting another Preview of the game... Apparently covering the 1st 2 hours of the game at that! I for one do not want to know how precisely the game starts so I think I'll be avoiding such threads from now on. I'll still be on the Forum as I want to be apart of the community but I think I've seen enough pre-release content from Shenmue III.

Seen a few other members post this and thought it maybe an interesting conversation. Obviously try not to post spoilers here of all places :p

Two weeks befor the release I'm deleting twitter from my celphone and login out on pc.
Will be very carefull on Youtube.
I'll come to the dojo but avoid any spoiler threads :)

I think that will be enough!!

I'm going to be around, but avoid a lot once Magic Kyoto is over.

I'll tread lightly around here for a bit. My main concern is that if you hover over someone's profile by accident, it can show what they're viewing, even S3 spoiler threads. (I know that sounds creepy, but the Dojo has eyes...)

I've intentionally avoided looking up many Shenmue 3 videos, and I've had my YouTube viewing history turned off for a year (they seem to think I like the NBA and Gordon Ramsay, thankfully). Nonetheless, I'll avoid Twitter and YouTube in general come November.

You've reminded me about New Posts. I exclusively browse the forums from the New Post section, which includes Spoiler Forum threads. Anyway to mitigate @Mattis @Peter?

Thank goodness for NHL 2019/2020 highlights beginning at preseason in late September. My Youtube thinks I only love hockey and random Colbert/Conan/John Oliver/Graham Norton/Noel Fielding/Richard Ayoade videos haha

I’m going to try and avoid spoilers for as long as I can, it’s amazing how quickly spoilers can pop up once something is released. I take forever to beat video games, so we’ll see how long the avoiding lasts.

You've reminded me about New Posts. I exclusively browse the forums from the New Post section, which includes Spoiler Forum threads. Anyway to mitigate @Mattis @Peter?

Should be resolved now. Have a check on your end and let me know. (y)

In response to the topic in general, I am already on blackout for a few reasons so you wont see me about much. I will be checking messages though, so any issues with the main site or forums, let me know.

Just started, not necessarily a blackout but a blackout from anything spoilerish. Wont be checking any shenmue 3 forums here anymore or videos on youtube, except new released trailers and whatnot.

bahahahah took me til now to finally realize wrong thread. D'oh

Last edited:
I didn't try the demo and have been avoiding any new trailers/updates/etc. I'm trying to go in to Shenmue 3 with as blank a canvas as possible. I'm busy playing Shenmue 1 & 2 anyway ;)

Apart from the occasional visit to the non-spoiler section of the Dojo, I'm in complete blackout mode. All Shenmue related YouTube channels unsubbed, no reading of any previews or whatever, also didn't play the demo.

Out of the three n half thousand updates there's been, I've only really looked at the ones I've had to in order to confirm platform, delivery address, etc.

I've actively avoided as much as I can, and done surprisingly well, despite being occasionally semi-active on here, and having a few Shenmue fans on my FB news feed.

These YouTube ads are fucking it up for me though.

But yeah, I plan to eventually go back and have a look at the updates once I eventually finish the game (not even starting it til sometime next year) so I can track the development retroactively.

As for the trial code, does anyone know if it'll eventually expire? I haven't redeemed it yet.

Back