Will You Guys Support/purchase Sakura Wars VI?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
A mainstay old SEGA classic revival+It's getting localized.

Are any of you guys still hardcore SEGA fans here and will support a popular Sega brand IP in general? I may highly likely toss Sega a +1 Sale myself even if I never really liked the prevs games the last time I tried it just because sega kept a promised from the fan poll they did a couple years back and I know how beloved the franchise is as a Classic SEGA IP. It could send the right message and lead to greater things for other popular old classic Sega IPs.

Last edited:
I will buy it for sure. I have to admit I have never played the old Sakura War games, or even have heard about them, but the first Trailer really looks cool. I like the art style.

May check it out, but really waiting for them to release this...
For some reason...I think SEGA already has it in the pipe-lines. Sega did respond positively to the prospect when it showed up in a poll last year(?).

I will buy it for sure. I have to admit I have never played the old Sakura War games, or even have heard about them, but the first Trailer really looks cool. I like the art style.

It's another Genre-blender title from SEGA. Mixing Strategy-TRPG with Visual Novel plus it had an iconic successful multi-media cross promotion campaign.

But Like I said, personally...I couldn't get into it myself with past entry. I'll most likely support this one as a returning the favor for tossing the starving Shenmue fandom a bone.(y)

Ever since I played Project X Zone 1 and 2 and this song played I knew I wanted to check out which game it came from

So its on my must buy list for sure, Hopefully it will be a good game to start with since I have yet to play a Sakura wars game before

RIP Segata Sanshrio, one of the best mascots Sega ever had.

but at least Sega is getting back to its old marketing roots, here in the US with Nathan Barnett AKA Keith Apicary

could he be the next Segata Sanshrio of the West?

I just really miss the in your face marketing that SEGA use to have back in the day, but if the New Sakura wars is a success hopefully we will see a bunch of other Sega Classics coming back!

but to make a long tangent short 200% yes I'm going to get it!

Never played any Sakura Wars game. As far as I know, there was never any which got localized for one of the systems I owned. I remember one Sakura Wars game got localized for the PS2. It had a Wild West setting but for some reason I never played it. Maybe the Western setting turned me off, even though I like (mostly Italian) Western movies a lot. Maybe it also only came to the US and didn't make it to PAL territories so I didn't bother importing it? Can't remember, but I never bought it for some reason.

So the 2020 Sakura Wars game on PS4? Not a day one purchase for me but I'll definitely get it at some point next year. I have been wanting to play a Sakura Wars since like the early 2000s. :love:

On a different note: As OP said, Sega seem to have been able to turn things around and during the recent years, they have been easily one of the best developers/publishers in the console business with an insane amount of quality titles developed and/or published. Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Sonic Mania, Yakuza 6, S1&2 ports (even though D3T fucked them up, they are still fantastic games), Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fist of the North star and so on. With promising titles like Judgement, Catherine: Full Body and Sakura Wars on the horizon, gamers are in for a treat of more top-notch games from Sega. Not to digress too much, we've already been discussing this here: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/sega-the-renaissance-of-a-world-class-brand.604/

I also thought SEGA really dropped the ball with the huge potential Persona 4 Dancng X Space channel 5 Crossover/Cameo. Both games have very workable similair themes. Dancing to fight off brainwashing shadows/aliens and are broadcast via TV stations.(Midnight Channel vs Space channel 5). Would've been a huge booster to help revive another classic imo.

Maybe. I will gave to watch a bit of a let's play to make sure though. If there is a social link-esque system and good mini games I am more likely to get it.

Also a good story is a big tipping point. Hopefully this game is true to the Essence of Sakura Wars and Sega doesnt repeat past mistakes in bringing back franchises like they've done recently. If this is something like Valkyria Revolution it can fuck right off.

Unfortunately the game just isn't for me. I'm not into strategy games really and the whole thing just doesn't seem my style...

Watched some footage of the old games, and it will be a Day one buy for me. I am not going to wait for fan Feedback or Reviews because I have a bad track record with listening to others this games Generation.

Many games that good Reviews were nothing for me. Like all the big sony franchises, this gen. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2. They might be a good game but nothing for me. So stick to my gut Feelings why more reliable than listening to Reviews.

Watched some footage of the old games, and it will be a Day one buy for me. I am not going to wait for fan Feedback or Reviews because I have a bad track record with listening to others this games Generation.

Many games that good Reviews were nothing for me. Like all the big sony franchises, this gen. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2. They might be a good game but nothing for me. So stick to my gut Feelings why more reliable than listening to Reviews.

Another note, this franchise also has a good cult following in the west in the same vein as Yakuza/Shenmue so it def does have merits that attract quite a strong following even tho it's majorly a domestic IP.:geek:

Yeah Sakura Wars seems to be a interesting franchise with a unique touch did not know though that it was popular in the west too to a certain degree. Have to research if some of the older entries were available in the west too. And if they are available on a console I own I might get them if they are not too expensive.

Yeah Sakura Wars seems to be a interesting franchise with a unique touch did not know though that it was popular in the west too to a certain degree. Have to research if some of the older entries were available in the west too. And if they are available on a console I own I might get them if they are not too expensive.

There is one localized on the wii and Ps2 if you want to try the series for yourself. It's a standalone entry and good for a starting point to demo.

Never played any of the originals so I have no real attachment to it. But if the game is good on its own terms then sure, I may check it out.

Back