[WIP][Shenmue III] NPC Manager fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a significant improvement
but ...: D
occasionally throws it to the desktop with the message "fatal error".
reinstalled and the problem persists.

Tested and again is amazing. i also got a fatal error on closing the game. Do you mind me doing little videos for shenmue 500k showing your mods? people seem to really like them

Tested and again is amazing. i also got a fatal error on closing the game. Do you mind me doing little videos for shenmue 500k showing your mods? people seem to really like them

I would say to wait until I have figured everything out first, even though the fatal error only occurs when quitting the game, I still have some more fixes related to NPC/AI systems I'd want to include in this mod first.

Also, once released, I'd appreciate that proper credits are given and that my files are not reuploaded anywhere else other than myself.

Feel free to show WIP footage, but do not redistribute the mod or state that it is completed just yet :)

Can I get everyones specs who has tried running this?

I'm trying to gauge whether this is a good fix even for low-end users.

Should have a much better version tomorrow. I've found the majority of necessary info to make solutions for these issues.

Should have a much better version tomorrow. I've found the majority of necessary info to make solutions for these issues.

Just wanted to add I’m loving some of the mods you are releasing. Hope to see some of this stuff in action before I jump into playing PC version with some of these improvements.

I would say to wait until I have figured everything out first, even though the fatal error only occurs when quitting the game, I still have some more fixes related to NPC/AI systems I'd want to include in this mod first.

Also, once released, I'd appreciate that proper credits are given and that my files are not reuploaded anywhere else other than myself.

Feel free to show WIP footage, but do not redistribute the mod or state that it is completed just yet :)
Thats fine. ill just link to this web site. its only before and after vids anyway. thanks for your work. other than the loading logo between black screens you have made pretty much the perfect shenmue 3, so thanks

How is it supposed to work? Is the mod teleporting NPCs from the other side? Are the additional NPCs pre-coded?

Thats fine. ill just link to this web site. its only before and after vids anyway. thanks for your work. other than the loading logo between black screens you have made pretty much the perfect shenmue 3, so thanks

I generally have no issues with anything as long as people aren't outright copying things etc so it's all good :) I'll also be open sourcing a lot of these mods and probably uploading them to gamebanana too.

How is it supposed to work? Is the mod teleporting NPCs from the other side? Are the additional NPCs pre-coded?

I'll post more details in the very near future. But, people say a picture is worth a thousand words, so why not have 2 thousand words via pictures?

1576292344988.png

1576292359187.png

Can anyone who’s a developer or understand UE4 explain if this is a streaming issue? I’m shocked the PC version has what appears equally bad pop-in issues similar to PS4.

I don’t play that many smaller or indie games so it was quite a surprise running by a store and having to wait a few seconds before store owner would stream in.

Idk I didn't see any pop in

Idk I didn't see any pop in

I honestly noticed this a lot more in Niaowu but the martial hall in harbour the martial artist outside constantly fade in and out. In addition while running past stalls in vendor avenue, often it will take a few seconds before owners fade in.

Not mentioning environmental details that do pop-in but that’s a lot more common and forgivable given size of the environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back