WOOD CHOPPING THREAD

post wood chopping high scores, wood chopping strats & tactics, wood chopping pro videos, organize international wood chopping tournaments, etc etc. For the life of me I have no clue how to get the "Very Nice!" in the wood chopping game.

My highest score was 82 I believe. I have got “very nice” and “excellent” which kicks in another retro tune. At first I thought you could cheese the mini-game by immediately striking but unless it’s a thin log you are unlikely to score highly.

It’s simplistic but there’s some depth there.

First try of the day and I got 109. I let it go back and forth a few times as well as I didn't want to break my chain and mess up the music. Managed to not miss a single one. Haven't got an excellent yet, but if Dietsoap is right and it adds to chop count, then it's better to take your time.

I am going to record a bunch and will go back and count if it adds to the stack count if you get excellent (if I manage to get an excellent that is lol).

WHEWW 140
Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping-2019-09-28-16-04-26-90.png

But yeah I'm pretty sure I didn't actually chop 140 logs. Excuse the grafx, had it on low settings so my povertybox could give me dat 60fps competitive wood chopping edge.

First try of the day and I got 109. I let it go back and forth a few times as well as I didn't want to break my chain and mess up the music. Managed to not miss a single one. Haven't got an excellent yet, but if Dietsoap is right and it adds to chop count, then it's better to take your time.

I am going to record a bunch and will go back and count if it adds to the stack count if you get excellent (if I manage to get an excellent that is lol).
Or even "just" a VERY GOOD. I think they're both adding more than 1 to your chop count.

What method are you all using to time your chops? I got the hang of when to press for a general hit alright, but still find it hard how to judge where the ideal position is for a Very Good, let alone an Excellent, wich I still haven't gotten.

Back