[WORKAROUND] Mouse cursor visible during QTEs

I found this generic tool that auto-hides the mouse cursor.
It turns out that it works pretty well to hide the mouse cursor during Shenmue QTEs, or any time that the game decides to center the mouse in the screen.

The tool is called Auto Hide Mouse Cursor.
Attached in this post is the portable version which doesn't need to be installed, just extract it and run it - never mind about it, it runs in the background. Make sure to also extract the settings (INI) file, which has some presets that are important, or else set them yourself:
  • Auto-hide timer: this can be tweaked to your liking, it just defines how much time it takes for the cursor to be hidden after the last time the mouse was moved. You can also edit the INI file and set the parameter (auto_hide_icons_sec) to zero if you want it to instant-hide, I think it's overkill though;
  • Hide mouse strategy: It needs to use the classic mode to work with Shenmue, whatever the mode means.
  • Hide when a key is pressed: This need to be disabled; I'm not sure why, maybe just on Windows 10 or something... when enabled it doesn't hide the cursor.
Give it a try.

Attachments

• AutoHideMouseCursor_Portable.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
Back