Wudecon - How to use it ?

Hello everyone,

Sorry for posting again, I think I asked this question in the wrong thread. So, I'm trying to find the best way to get a 3d file of the Yamanose map with all the assets (Houses, fences, tricycles, electric poles, shrine, etc..) in blender. The objective is to use this as a blueprint to remake the whole place with my own models, materials and lighting, like Kid Nocon did with he Hazuki Residence, Suzume park and You Arcade. Wudecon seems by far the best option and a fantastic tool, but...

I have no clue how to use it. I've never used visual studio nor used the console prompt. I didn't find any documentation on github, just this thread. I don't really know how and where to begin.

Do you have a link where I could begin to learn how to use it ? Or could someone explain me step by step how to extract models ?

Thanks, I hope I didn't miss anything too obvious and if it's the case, I'm sorry.

You have to use the windows 'Command Prompt' program, Its listed in the start menu folder called Windows system (win10) (windows admin or accessories win7)

This shows the different modes wudecon uses to process its functions

Code:
        wudecon <mode> <input> <output>
        wudecon --all <input dir> <output dir>
        wudecon --mt5 <mt5 file> <obj file>
        wudecon --mt5 <dir with mt5's> <output dir>
        wudecon --mt7 <mt7 file> <obj file>
        wudecon [--pkf|--pks|--spr|--ipac|--gz|--afs] <source file> <output dir>
        wudecon --tc <tad file> <output dir>
        wudecon --tacfile <file in tac to extract> <output dir>
        wudecon --tacfull <tad file> <tac output dir> <model output dir> <mt5/mt7>

Because I hate using command prompts myself , I have made the directory paths as short as possible and made folders in the D:\ Drive (You can use the C: drive but I tend to leave that alone)

I put the SM2DATA folder
created a folder called EXT
created a folder called MODELS
and extracted all of the wudecon zip files
ALL into the D: directory

This is an example of a command I used to extract the mt7 models from the Shenmue 2 PC edition

D:\>wudecon --tacfull "D:\SM2DATA\disk_5be2c4e2.tad" "D:\EXT" "D:\MODELS" mt7

D:\>wudecon (the program)
--tacfull (The mode I chose to use)
D:\SM2DATA\disk_5be2c4e2.tad (The location and name of the tad/tac i wanted to extract)
D:\EXT (where wudecon will extract the contents of the tad/tac)
D:\MODELS (where wudecon will extract the converted models of the tad/tac)
mt7 (the models type I wanted converting.. this would be mt5 for shenmue 1)

I havent really tried other modes
wudecon --mt5 <mt5 file> <obj file>
was good for loose mt5 files from the passport disc. Not sure how --all processes/recurses files
Nearly all maps in Shenmue 1 are contained within PKS (model) & PKF (texture) files, So another command may be required to extract what is extracted first.

Once things are extracted you also need to know where the maps and objects you are looking for are, this will help.

Well this was painful to write, but I empathise with DosPhobia, Shenmue model ripping is not for the faint of heart and may drive people insane., fish fish fish and butternut squash !

A GUI program could be more useful for the gen public I don't think hosting the models anywhere is a good idea.

Back