Xbox Series Controller

Favourite title
Shenmue
Can anyone confirm if I can use the new Xbox Series controller on an original Xbox One? I know XB1 works on XB-X|S but haven't been able to find anything solid on it being the other way around?? Does anyone have any experience with the new controller? If so, what are your thoughts on it in comparison to XB1? The D-Pad is my main focus as I'm interested in how it affects fighting games.

Yes, it does. It can connect to Windows 10, Mac, Android, and iOS devices too.

Yeah only PS5 forces you to buy another controller. A bunch of good guys indeed.

Yeah only PS5 forces you to buy another controller. A bunch of good guys indeed.
Lol another one of the countless reasons the underdog Xbox is better than the over-hyped PlayStation. Although it still looks like trash compared to the XB controller, at least the Dualsense PS5 controller looks a little more comfortable than the PS3 dualshock? A task the PS4 dualshock didn't accomplish.

Lol another one of the countless reasons the underdog Xbox is better than the over-hyped PlayStation. Although it still looks like trash compared to the XB controller, at least the Dualsense PS5 controller looks a little more comfortable than the PS3 dualshock? A task the PS4 dualshock didn't accomplish.
Idk, I prefer the xbox one controller. I used a PS4 controller and it felt like a could twiste it apart with my two hands. But the Xbox one's controller? THAT'S what a I call a controller, a soviet tank indeed Sir.

Idk, I prefer the xbox one controller. I used a PS4 controller and it felt like a could twiste it apart with my two hands. But the Xbox one's controller? THAT'S what a I call a controller, a soviet tank indeed Sir.
Indeed. PS4 Dualshock is a turd, one of the most uncomfortable controllers and probably the biggest embarrassment given it's 2013 release date. How did they manage to make a controller worse than the previous two generations? XB1 definitely the best controller on the market up to date. Took the damn near perfect 360 controller and made it better. Can't wait to try the XB Series controller!

Indeed. PS4 Dualshock is a turd, one of the most uncomfortable controllers and probably the biggest embarrassment given it's 2013 release date. How did they manage to make a controller worse than the previous two generations? XB1 definitely the best controller on the market up to date. Took the damn near perfect 360 controller and made it better. Can't wait to try the XB Series controller!
Meanwhile, the Dualshock 4 is my all time favourite controller 🙈

Funny how drastically different our views on it are haha

T9hxm11.png

Honestly? The PS5 controller is pretty damn nice. I'm super impressed by it. For all the bashing in here from people who probably haven't held one yet, all I can say is it's a damn nice controller :D Feels really good in the hand. Has a nice hefty weight to it. Feels solid. Everything about it just feels good to me. The haptics are really nice. Those triggers are pretty awesome. Yeah, it's a really bloody nice controller. Battery life seems better than the Dual Shock 4. Super impressed with it. Say what you will about Sony, but give 'em credit where it's due. That controller just might be the best controller they've ever made.

Here's hoping Sony releases some actual drivers for Windows Support, because I really like that controller a whole bunch.

As for the Series X/S controller? Don't know. Haven't tried one. But I imagine it's probably a lot like the Xbox One controller (again, not a bad thing considering the Xbox One controller is pretty good)...but to answer the original question. Should all work perfectly fine. They've been touting support across everything for it. So it should work just fine.

To me the major flaw seems to be how little the ps4 controller battery lasts. Aside of that, it feels better than the original weightless ps3 one.

And agreed XBox controllers are better ergonomicwise.

Yeah, I really like the weight and, "solidity," of the DS4; my battery seemed to always last a LONG time (talking 6 hours or so or more) and I would lose 1 bar after a good 3 hours of gameplay.

Maybe it's because I use my PS4 so little/infrequently?

As for the previous console generation, I found the PS4 controllers to be ok. Just ok, but not bad at all. Haven't played enough Xbone to really judge but during the little bit of Xbone I played, it felt pretty good. Found the big Switch controller ok, the small one, if you even call it a controller was absolutely horrible and made your hands hurt.

Haven't tried any of the current-gen controllers.

I decided to order the XB Series controller for black Friday at $40 to play Mortal Kombat. I've only used it a few hours, here's my first impression so far:

The d-pad on the Series controller is great, it's definetly a step up from the XB1 controller, however with that being said the XB1 d-pad is still quite amazing itself and still light years beyond the PlayStation controllers for dpad (and in general) comfort. Sadly, outside of the dpad and share button everything else is better about the XB1 controller: the grip on the back of the new controller sucks, it's like holding sandpaper. The slightly smaller design isn't as comfortable and quite as perfect as the XB1 controller. The textured grip on the trigger buttons is a step down. I am undecided on which control to keep because while the dpad is much better for fighting games, everything else seems to be a slight step down(and major step regarding the grip on the back). My suggestion is if you don't play fighting games and already have an XB1 or just bought a Series X/S keep your XB1 controller as its sufficient for every other kind of game, and if you are primarily going to be playing fighting games you may want to pick up the Series model and give it a try, the grip and smaller size may be something one can adjust to.

There's no way to turn off the Xbox button light when using it on PC is there?
I'm not sure. I haven't had much luck in getting it to work on PC properly, and it continues to disconnect from the Xbox One repeatedly. Great d-pad and great controller otherwise.

Back