General RGG Discussion

I’m having a hard time with the Bouncer missions in Kiwami 2. I keep getting my ass kicked by that Gimp.

Not sure how I feel about the Clan Creator. It’s got that addictive “just one more” feeling the cabaret has, but I hate it when I’ve got to do more than eight or nine waves. Just feels endless. The victory song makes it all worth it.

Had the song stuck in my head since you mentioned it lol.

It is awesome, but once you hear it 50 million times (like everything), it gets annoying.

The third-last bouncer mission took me around 20 tries, I think (or more), the penultimate a few less and the last one, I think 2 or 3 times; I had to learn to run around CONSTANTLY and not sit back and just trade blows, plus really time my boost-meter/whatever the hell that thing was called (can't remember right now).

Indeed, like Dan says, never bring them back. I can only imagine on the hardest difficulty... At least it gave us a great tune in Unity of Metal.

Christ, I was just about to post about both the Bouncer missions and Clan Creator. I never really bothered with either one on my first two play throughs, but I think this quarantine is forcing me to do so. If you’re having trouble with the gimp, then the last two missions are gonna drive you crazy. I just beat the second to last one a few minutes ago, and I can’t remember the last time I wanted to throw my controller at the TV. The last time was most likely fighting a few of the trash bosses from the original Yakuza way back when.

As for the Clan Creator, I really didn’t care for it in Yakuza 6 and thought it was a stupid inclusion, even if it’s practically entirely optional. Then I sat down and beat the story missions for this mode in Kiwami 2 last night. I had a decent time with it. I mostly played through it just for the Completion List. It’s good to have the option available to play this. Don’t know if I’d sit through it again though.

See, I found 6's CC SO MUCH MORE fun and satisfying than Kiwami 2's; the stat boosts and strategies (I found) were much better-implemented and interesting than in Kiwami 2, where you can just spam the heal mechanic (or whatever that is; I really can't remember the names right now lol).

Also doesn't hurt that aside from Chono and Muta, I much prefer every one of the new NJPW guys (save for Tanahashi; don't like him at all), than the old ones.

I never made it past the second to last Bouncer mission. I spent a good amount of the day a couple days ago failing at it. I had to stop otherwise I’d declare that I hated this game. I’m all for challenging gameplay and such, but once I stop having fun with it, then it’s a problem. Plus, I’m pretty sure the Amon Brothers are just trash.

As for the Clan Creator in 6, I think I just never put any time into it it because I just wanted to get through the story and I was still feeling out the new game play. I’m planning on starting 6 again soon, so I’ll make sure to sit down with it now that I had a decent time with the system in Kiwami 2.

Just reached Episode 4 of Yakuza 3, so far I am liking it. Someday I will try to play 1 and 2 on a PS2 just to see the complete evolution of the saga, but so far Karaoke <3, also old darts, I had forgotten the mechacanic, and still try to learn how to fish. And yes, golf looks interesting. And the plot is not that crazy, I mean, so far it could be Yakuza meets Goonies xD

Still no sign of a Fist of the North Star, Judgment or Yakuza 3-6 PC version
and no details for a western Yakuza 7 release. I guess Sega wanted to promote the new Sakura Wars game first,
which is out now. (some of the Yakuza translators worked on that game too)
Lets see what comes next.
Damnnnnnnn

Yakuza: Like a Dragon was just shown at the Xbox Inside Event...coming later this year.

Surprised Microsoft jumped in on this. I would have thought it would have showed up elsewhere on another stream but hey, I guess Microsoft had the right price tag. I was really hoping for a Windows 10/PC announcement as well, but alas, nothing.

Wow, now if Microsoft is capable of ensuring future RGG games, Shenmue games and KOF and Street Fighter I am back to them. This a huge win for MS right now

Still unclear if it has a english dub option or with what text languages it comes.
Would be wasted potential when it comes to all these platforms but with english text only.

I took a look at the SteamDB history for Yakuza 7 and you can discover some stuff there.
The steam page was updated while the Xbox stream was live
and you can see the information they added in that update

ylad7.png

english / subtitles: true, french / subtitles: true, german / subtitles: true, italian / subtitles: true, spanish / subtitles: true.

They deleted this information 30 minutes later and changed it to english only.
You can not preorder this game on Steam, so there is still a chance that the other languages
are part of a different announcement / trailer and they didnt want to spoil it already.

Any reason why the Japanese title is being used as the subtitle for this one, instead of the number?

Any reason why the Japanese title is being used as the subtitle for this one, instead of the number?

I think they want to make it clear that this is something like Yakuza 0, a fresh start that everyone can enjoy.
New main character, new story, multi platform release. I guess if thats their plan, then Yakuza - Like A Dragon
makes more sense than Yakuza 7 because people could think that they must play 6 games to understand this one.

It's both a sequel and a reboot for many reasons. You got a new main cast, a new style of gameplay (turn-based RPG, while I don't think it's as good as Chrono Triggers, but I feel it uses a lot of Chrono Trigger mechanics like double teams), and a new environment with Yokohama.

I expect the X-Box release to be international only since nobody plays X-Box in Japan.

Back