General RGG Discussion

So when do we hear about new Yakuza games? I know its sometime this month. Right?

Also, that 150 hour Yakuza Stream is ongoing

Last edited:
I dont know. I mean in my head it would make sense that there will be an announcement / reveal
on December 8 because thats the real 15th anniversary and the last stream of this event
and it said something about revealing future plans.
So maybe it will just be very vague like the typical yeah we will see us again very soon
or there will be big announcements including Twitter posts etc too.

@Truck_1_0_1_

For Premium Adventure, do you know if there are any additional costumes that will get released? Right now I have the Cleaner and Arakawa's outfit.
Damn, not sure; as it is NTSC-U/PAL, I'm unaware if it would be the same DLC as we got for the NTSC-J one... but then I couldn't DL my version's, as I don't have an account in the Japanese PS Store, thus I cannot confirm for you, as of now. My apologies :(

Ah, man...I’m 11 chapters into Y7 and I’ve pretty much given up on the story. Now it’s just a matter of finishing the game out of, I don’t know, obligation I guess. I’ll do what I did with Y5 and just read the story online somewhere.

That is beyond phenomenal... All told, that would probably be something like $800.00 for me.

Can't do that. Way too much money, way too much. Also 1/4 makes it a bit too big for any of my display areas.

Yakuza 15th anniversary is tomorrow (december 8),
anniversary stream is live from 8:00pm JST to 10:00pm JST/6:00am EST to 8:00am EST.
So if theres any real announcement or reveal for Yakuza 8 or whatever
it should / will probably happen in there?

8 minutes and counting. See you on the other side of whatever they announce.

Yakuza 8?
New Spin Off?
Return to Beat 'Em Up or more Turn Based?
Judge Eyes 2?
New Ishin type game on Dragon Engine?
Something crazy and unexpected like remakes of the PSP games?
Let's go REAL CRAZY AND UNEXPECTED -- Shenmue Ga Gotoku? ;) (never happening, I know)
Majima Game? Ala Yakuza 0-2?
More PC Ports? (Probably not here but weirder things have happened)

Or...

That other rumor that made the rounds?

We will see very soon. Let the hype begin.

Last edited:
Well ...
You can buy Kiryu and Ichiban perfume now, there will be Yakuza 7 skins in Phantasy Star Online 2,
theres a Shonan no Kaze 3D live concert on december 20, Yakuza 7 PS5 version comes out in march 2021.
And Nagoshi said "... theres going to be a new game in the future."
See you at the 20th anniversary in 5 years
218.png

They will announce a new character for Yakuza Online and thats it

View attachment 9945
Close, more like

-- Ichiban and Saeko skins for PSO2
-- Ryu Ga Gotoku Branded Cologne -- so now you can Smell like a Dragon
-- VR concert with the musical act that supplied the theme for Yakuza 7
-- Date for PS5 version in Japan - Early March 2021 -- going full Shenmue US by including the English dub in Japanese PS5 version.

Other than that...a mere mention that there will be a new game at some point.

Eh, let 'em have a year off. I'd rather they take a year off than rushing out another product anyways. They rush these games out so quick as is, let 'em have a break from the yearly release schedule.

Gah, would've been nice to see a new game announced, but that's fine; like Dan said, not a problem at this point.

Perfume/cologne on the other hand... my interest has been piqued (solely to add to the shelf, of course; very few fragrances smell good on me and I only wear them to really special-occasions, like weddings, of which I only attend 1 or 2 a year).

I love the characters from this series so much. I’d kill to have a game where Kiryu, the main dude from Judgement (name slips my mind at the moment) and Ichiban are all the playable protagonists and you rotate every few chapters like in Y0. THIS is a shared universe I can get behind.

Yagami ;)

And I think they can arrange something down the line, but I would personally think that they would want Yagami and Ichiban to have 3 games a piece beneath them, before anything like that; both of their first outings have been well-received, but if they have sequels where the games/characters are not likable, then that could hurt an amalgamation game.

That just my POV and how I see it; doesn't mean that's reality and what's gonna happen lol.

I personally would like it if Yagamis spin off detective games are always their own thing,
you know like always starting from zero with brand new story stuff
and no Ichiban, Kiryu, whatever.

I think its a little too much if Yagamis stories are like a main part of the yakuza franchise
with characters from other games or if Yagami is a part of Ichibans group.
I dont really need that. I think its cool that you can just play Judgment and it works as a single story experience
where you dont need any knowledge and theres no big overlapping yakuza universe storyline.
Its just a story that happens in the same environment but with completely different people.
So i hope Judgment 2 will be the same.

Imagine if Yagami is in Yakuza 8 as a member in the next RPG group
and then after that comes Judgment 2 where hes solo again
and then they have to explain what happened and then Yagami needs the knowledge about
what happened in these last two games and then maybe the story in Judgment 2
has something to do with a character that was in Yakuza 8 and so on.
I probably wouldnt like that very much.

Good news: I’m almost done grinding out all the jobs available for Ichiban, Adachi, Saeko, and Eri(til 30 at least) even though I should just move on with chapter 8 like a normal person but my rpg ocd brain says get everything now to be the most efficient.

Bad news: full time hours at my new job are gonna get in the way

Back