General RGG Discussion

Now trying figuring out what to do with everything in JAPANESE :LOL:. It took me until the 15th shareholder meeting to figure out what to do lol.

Basically, you want an employee (the higher the rank, the better), who has the lowest number during the battles, to do the majority of the answering, as they will get more attempts to fight back and take the least amount of time to get their bar up.

The guy who runs the quiz academy is the best, until you get the later Platinum-grade employees.

I didn’t understand the mini game for quite some time but I do think a lot of it is geared towards still not being great at it. I just barely scraped by into winning the final shareholding meeting to get Eri’s bond maxed out.

The strategy I used for the meetings was focusing mostly on the lower HP members and then just trying to run out the clock as much as possible and building up the level 2 sorrymasen thing :p Remember, you don’t have to convince everyone, just have over 50% support I believe.

For me the problem was the disconnection between the tutorial text and the actual gameplay.
The text made sense but it just told me the description of the goals and features
but not really how to do it. There was no real HUD explanation.
Thats like starting something like Demons Souls and then you get a 6-8 page tutorial text right at the beginning
about the Nexus and visit other worlds and level up and then there are bosses
and you can parry and backstab and watch your stamina ...
Okay, makes sense as a text but that doesnt really help you with the gameplay.
Especially not when the gameplay is so fast that you have to remember the tutorial text from page two in three seconds.

Don't you mean Watase?

Got a question for @RyoHazuki84: since you're based in Yokohama, the city that plays the central role in Y7/Like a dragon, how do you personally feel about Nagoshi-san's picturing of the Yakuza universe version of your city?
What I like most is how he got Yamashita Park (or Hamakita Park in the game) along with Chinatown. There is an actual Sega arcade there. Also, he did a great job in capturing Kannai Station (or Jinnai Station in the game). Parts of Yokohama were influenced by late 19th-century architecture because it was Japan's first cosmopolitan city and Like a Dragon does an excellent job of portraying that. I wish it would've also portrayed Motomachi (a high-end shopping district which neighbors Chinatown) along with Sakuragicho (the area where you can visit Landmark Tower, or Mirai Tower in the game).

What I like most is how he got Yamashita Park (or Hamakita Park in the game) along with Chinatown. There is an actual Sega arcade there. Also, he did a great job in capturing Kannai Station (or Jinnai Station in the game). Parts of Yokohama were influenced by late 19th-century architecture because it was Japan's first cosmopolitan city and Like a Dragon does an excellent job of portraying that. I wish it would've also portrayed Motomachi (a high-end shopping district which neighbors Chinatown) along with Sakuragicho (the area where you can visit Landmark Tower, or Mirai Tower in the game).
Sweet! I am planning to visit Japan in the future, if this darn virus won't stand in my way anymore that is. Would really love to make a trip across as much of the country as possible and visit as many cities as I could. That is of course after I save up enough money as well.

Sweet! I am planning to visit Japan in the future, if this darn virus won't stand in my way anymore that is. Would really love to make a trip across as much of the country as possible and visit as many cities as I could. That is of course after I save up enough money as well.
It's not nearly as expensive to travel as Europe, but if you indulge, it can be VERY expensive.

When I went in 2016, we did:
- Tokyo for 8 1/2 days
- Kyoto for 4 days
- Osaka for 3 days
- Okinawa for 3 days
- Tokyo for the final 2 1/2 days.

In that span, we traveled as such:

- Drove to Yokohama and into Chiba, on the Wangan (what a dream come true!)
- Nagoya day trip (to see Sumo Tourney)
- Yokosuka 1/2 day trip (for obvious reasons :))
- Yokohama 1/2 day trip (for baseball and to see Chinatown)
- Kobe Day trip (for Kobe Beef and to see Sorakuen Garden)
- Uji 1/2 day trip
- Himeji day trip (well, more of a 1/2 day trip, to see the castle)
- Naha 1/2 day trip (we stayed in Sesoko, on the north end of Okinawa)

We also did something big every day (unless it was a travel day), save for the first day there (I was getting tattooed for 5 hours and I proposed to my wife).

For food, we ate at Yoshinoya or Matsuya once a day and ate at/from a restaurant once a day as well, to keep costs low.

So, excluding the flight (which I paid for almost a year {10 months} in advance, $1,900.00 for both), the train/plane travel within the country (all paid for well in advance; it was only around $500.00 Canadian) and the tattoo costs (I saved up for that separately), my wife and landed in Japan with about 500,000 yen (approx. $5,000.00 American dollars) to spend and between the food, accommodations, taxis, baseball games, Joypolis, souvenir shopping, aquariums, arcades, etc., etc., we arrived back in Canada with 6,000 yen (approx. $600.00 in American dollars) in hand.

If we did everything we did in Europe for only 2 weeks, it probably would've been 1 1/2 to double the cost.

Set your savings goals on the trip and you will see the account grow, until you are ready to go!

BTW, I too can confirm that they got Yokohama's Chinatown, pretty much bang on in Yakuza 7. Had an excellent Szechuan dish that was sooo spicy (we took it back to our hotel in Ikebukuro, after the Baystars' game). Great stuff!

I haven’t progressed much in the past few days. Mostly just been trying to grind out the part time hero quests, and when I get frustrated with the spawn rates of certain enemy types, go back to the business management. Got the trophy for having $10 mil business funds and have made it so I basically never lose so I’m pretty set for cash. Fully upgraded the crafting workshop so that’s good, too. Can’t seem to do another race yet, was kind of hoping it would stay open. Went ahead and purchased the two extra jobs DLC. Maybe I’ll go back in the underground and grind some more and get a couple gold safes I missed.

It's not nearly as expensive to travel as Europe, but if you indulge, it can be VERY expensive.

When I went in 2016, we did:
- Tokyo for 8 1/2 days
- Kyoto for 4 days
- Osaka for 3 days
- Okinawa for 3 days
- Tokyo for the final 2 1/2 days.

In that span, we traveled as such:

- Drove to Yokohama and into Chiba, on the Wangan (what a dream come true!)
- Nagoya day trip (to see Sumo Tourney)
- Yokosuka 1/2 day trip (for obvious reasons :))
- Yokohama 1/2 day trip (for baseball and to see Chinatown)
- Kobe Day trip (for Kobe Beef and to see Sorakuen Garden)
- Uji 1/2 day trip
- Himeji day trip (well, more of a 1/2 day trip, to see the castle)
- Naha 1/2 day trip (we stayed in Sesoko, on the north end of Okinawa)

We also did something big every day (unless it was a travel day), save for the first day there (I was getting tattooed for 5 hours and I proposed to my wife).

For food, we ate at Yoshinoya or Matsuya once a day and ate at/from a restaurant once a day as well, to keep costs low.

So, excluding the flight (which I paid for almost a year {10 months} in advance, $1,900.00 for both), the train/plane travel within the country (all paid for well in advance; it was only around $500.00 Canadian) and the tattoo costs (I saved up for that separately), my wife and landed in Japan with about 500,000 yen (approx. $5,000.00 American dollars) to spend and between the food, accommodations, taxis, baseball games, Joypolis, souvenir shopping, aquariums, arcades, etc., etc., we arrived back in Canada with 6,000 yen (approx. $600.00 in American dollars) in hand.

If we did everything we did in Europe for only 2 weeks, it probably would've been 1 1/2 to double the cost.

Set your savings goals on the trip and you will see the account grow, until you are ready to go!

BTW, I too can confirm that they got Yokohama's Chinatown, pretty much bang on in Yakuza 7. Had an excellent Szechuan dish that was sooo spicy (we took it back to our hotel in Ikebukuro, after the Baystars' game). Great stuff!
Buddy, props to you for such a magnificent post. Got me wondering if you found and met any sailors as well, heh heh ;). But yeah, Japan surely is a destination to visit anytime you wish, and you'll be amazed by the superb sights, succulent cuisine and incredibly friendly locals.

I haven’t progressed much in the past few days. Mostly just been trying to grind out the part time hero quests, and when I get frustrated with the spawn rates of certain enemy types, go back to the business management. Got the trophy for having $10 mil business funds and have made it so I basically never lose so I’m pretty set for cash. Fully upgraded the crafting workshop so that’s good, too. Can’t seem to do another race yet, was kind of hoping it would stay open. Went ahead and purchased the two extra jobs DLC. Maybe I’ll go back in the underground and grind some more and get a couple gold safes I missed.

Races will continue in the FINAL chapter, but only once you're returned to Kamurocho.

Buddy, props to you for such a magnificent post. Got me wondering if you found and met any sailors as well, heh heh ;). But yeah, Japan surely is a destination to visit anytime you wish, and you'll be amazed by the superb sights, succulent cuisine and incredibly friendly locals.
Bingo; it is the best country I've ever been to and while I would probably not live there (unless I had living conditions on-par with how my life is here in Canada), there's no country I've been to, that I'd rather return to.

You can also use a special pass from JR that costs like $400USD and you can use any train operated by JR. My brother and I did this in the summer of 05.

Thank you @RyoHazuki84 for this tip. BTW, if we return to the Yakuza series, I am currently playing a remaster of 5, and just so you guys know, Sega's RGGS really upped the ante with this one. I had to replay the first boss fight and skip two taxi driving missions, because they were getting on my nerves. I did almost every side mission I could find, and oh yeah, still in Kiryu's arc in Fukuoka.

Also, I am probably late to this party, but in Yakuza 0, one of the girls on her own telephone card set is named Nozomi Hazuki. Clever easter egg made by RGGS, if you wish to theorize that Ryo-san and Nozomi-san might return to Japan to settle some things, and thus give us a chance to be vocal enough to play future installments of Shenmue. Then again according to what I heard, the girls you see on VHS cassettes are actual real-life Japanese women who were selected by the developers to take part in the game. Correct me if I wrote something wrong.

Arent pretty much all of these VHS tape, collector card, webcam, photo session whatever girls
japanese adult video models? There are real life posters in Yakuza 7 too with the real names
and you can google them. Just be careful with the results, we are talking about content thats way too
"erotic" for any game.

Actually this brings me to another question.
Do you think that RGG / Sega has to pay for lets say these ingame posters with the real models
or is it free because its like free advertisement for the adult video studio?
Or the webcam website layout in 6, its clearly the real DMM site.
Did RGG / Sega pay for this to be able to use this exact site
or did DMM allow it because its free advertisement?

The VHS tapes and photo session stuff is different because they were produced for the games,
so RGG had to pay for it. But i'm not sure about the other stuff.

I would imagine Sega probably got some one time deal because I can’t fathom they’d be willing to pay them again for rereleases. But who knows. But then it’s not like Sega hasn’t just changed things before...I believe one or both of the Sonic Adventure games have had advertisements taken out I believe in subsequent releases.

The most baffling case to me, to the point where I almost think I’m having one of those Mandela episodes, would be in Saints Row 2. Completely innocuous billboards in places that change over the course of the game, and still do, but I could have sworn had ads for real tv shows playing at the time. Who knows, maybe they were satire, but I haven’t seen them since.

Anyway, not much progress lately, but I watched all the movies, tried some golf, can not for the life of me figure out how to be good at home runs, upgraded a lot of weapons, found out I could have done more cart racing cups back in chapter 5 but I guess I’ll just have to wait. Grinding is going slow even with some of the job boosting items. Found out a lot of items are exclusive to the can collecting game and its likely the same with some other shops. Kinda want to move foward now but afraid I’m still underleveled at 27 when a few rare enemies are still giving me trouble.

You can also use a special pass from JR that costs like $400USD and you can use any train operated by JR. My brother and I did this in the summer of 05.
Wow! The price has gone up quite a bit!

In 2016, it was around $200.00 Canadian, a person (for the 14-day pass).

Arent pretty much all of these VHS tape, collector card, webcam, photo session whatever girls
japanese adult video models? There are real life posters in Yakuza 7 too with the real names
and you can google them. Just be careful with the results, we are talking about content thats way too
"erotic" for any game.
Yes they are, each and every one of them (the ones in 0 are all from, "Soft on Demand," studios).

Definitely NSFW.

Anyway, not much progress lately, but I watched all the movies, tried some golf, can not for the life of me figure out how to be good at home runs, upgraded a lot of weapons, found out I could have done more cart racing cups back in chapter 5 but I guess I’ll just have to wait. Grinding is going slow even with some of the job boosting items. Found out a lot of items are exclusive to the can collecting game and its likely the same with some other shops. Kinda want to move foward now but afraid I’m still underleveled at 27 when a few rare enemies are still giving me trouble.

lol after spending almost 2 hours on batting with Judge Eyes, this was a cakewalk for me! But I know what you mean; the system is actually quite sound, but memorization is key.

And level 27 on chapter 5?

You're MORE than fine lol; while I got to the high 90s with everyone by the end-game, I think I was still at level 30 in chapter 8 or so.

No, I guess I made my wording a bit confusing; I’m on chapter 8, towards the beginning of it I’d guess, but watching another player early on in chapter 5, they were able to do the second dragon kart cup, whereas I’d only done the first. I’d planned on getting enough money to upgrade all the karts before I went back to it but I have not been able to access it since it turned night.

After watching some random Yakuza 7 management mode tutorial video
(it only had like 300 views but it was pretty good)
i finally understand what the colors, points, skills etc are about.
Its actually way easier than it looks. The icons in the gameplay even tell you where to look at,
the problem is just that the ingame tutorial doesnt mention this.
I managed to get into the top 100 with way less turns than required
and the same for the top 50. I saved after some steps to be safe but it was not necessary at all.

The only problem is that there arent many people to recruit.
I'm still in chapter 5 because i wanted to play the management mode first
but there are only like 4 silver members and the rest is bronze
which makes it pretty much impossible to upgrade the stores to the highest level at the moment
because there is no staff with decent skill bars.
So i guess i have to play more story, side, other minigame content to find more people.

Time for more story tomorrow.

Try to complete the Quiz substories (and all the quizzes), then you'll be good for the business minigame, until the very end (when you'll need a few more platinum employees).

Ride Nugget as long as possible though, for the shareholder meetings; despite being bronze, he's damn useful.

Back