General RGG Discussion

Excellent, 75 was indeed doable.

I got up to 92 and had an absolute BREEZE doing MIlennium Tower;
Kiryu's ghost
, at one point, wasn't taking damage because the game has a built-in safeguard against it or because I was missing attacks somehow... but I wasn't; I was so over-powered, I mopped the floor with everyone in MT lol.

Yeah, I figured that it's pronounced that in Japanese, but I didn't get WHY, because his name is Zhao lol.

Anyways, platinumed it yesterday. That ending was stupendous, if not a touch weird at times. At least the spins here were NOT ridiculous, thankfully. The last few battle sequences went down VERY well, sequence-wise and the dialogue was written fantastically; the devs achieved their best work in terms of cinematography and cutscene-direction in 7, hands down.

After literally doing everything that could be done in this game (save for the entirety of Byte.com requests and completion; was overall at 77%, if rounded/combined, but not weighted), grinding a lot and fully exploring every nook and cranny that could be discovered (didn't seem to find all the Tojo Clan lapels, for some reason), I can honestly say I enjoyed my time immensely, with this game, moreso than any other in the series, after 3 , 6 and on par with 5.

I will be writing the review to be posted on Gfaqs in the next day and a bit (though I don't know if they are uploading contributions, at this time), so for a fully-fleshed out review, you can read it there.

But, bottom line; the gameplay is phenomenal, the story is incredible, best graphics of the series and a very good soundtrack to boot, plus replay to contend with the giants of the series, in 5, 0 and Kiwami 2, this is the best game in the series to date, bank on it.

(a rounded) 10/10

Updated games in the series I think are best:

7>5>3>Judge Eyes>0>6>Ishin!>Kiwami 2>Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen>Kiwami>Hokuto ga Gotoku>Kenzan!>2>4>1>Kurohyo: Shinso>Dead Souls

Updated Favourites:

3>5>1/Kiwami>6>7>0>Ishin!>Judge Eyes>Kurohyo: Ashura Hen>Kenzan!>Hokuto ga Gotoku>Kurohyo: Shinso>4>Dead Souls>2/Kiwami 2

EDIT* and while I'm absolutely not a fan of Electronica (aside from Propellerheads, for you Brits out there), the theme song is beyond awesome; I've had it stuck in my head for over 20 hours now. Went to bed with it in my head, woke up with it in my head and have either listened to it or have been singing it since I got up this morning. Shonan no Kaze = <3

Last edited:
Purgatory really reminds me of Niaowu. Just much more condensed and not an actual area to do anything in. The substory with the rich judo guy with the giant head is so funny. My favorite so far. Is he actually meant to be someone from IRL? I assumed he might be a real celebrity.

There's one guy in the Coliseum who completely destroys me; he has a mask with horns. I can't figure out how to beat him... I figure I just haven't learned enough moves yet. I dunno why I'm not encountering Majima in town anymore. I haven't seen him for hours, aside from when I had to fight him in an actual story sequence.

2988191-purgatory.jpg

Last edited:
As for the side conversations, one takes place at an arcade and Chou talks about how he played Dreamcast in his childhood lol. They even make reference to how when the batteries of the VMS are out, it makes that beeping sound when you turn on the Dreamcast. So yeah, Yakuza 7 is definitely for true Sega fans.

That, not to mention the SEGA quiz tests :D

The Yakuza 7 DLC package is online in the japanese PSN store.
It includes New Game +, higher job level cap, new costumes
and it only costs about 7 cents(!) until May 6.
They will change the price to 9 dollar on May 6.

Car chase in Kiwami nearly drove me mad. At least I didn’t play it on Extreme, where you need to complete the Chinese restaurant sequence every time you lose the car chase! That would’ve driven me into a blind range. I’m glad I’m not a trophy hunter. Pretty pleased I completed the Colisseum; you’re pretty much unbeatable once you’ve got the Tiger Drop. Komaki is def. the toughest guy in the colisseum.

I’ve seen lots of people say Kiwami is barebones compared to Zero. Well compared to most games Kiwami is still a ten course meal. The content goes on forever.

I'm not going to go through 84 pages of comments only to say that I adore the Yakuza series. I'm currently replaying Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 was the first game i've ever played that took me over 100 hours to complete.

The characters are amazing and the balance between serious and goofy is wonderful. I find the fighting the weakest part and get annoyed when random people stop me in the street, but that's pretty much my only bug bear about it. Trying to 100% it is a fools game; life is too short (my record is 88% for Yakuza 6). Judgement is incredible and I can't wait for Yakuza 7; the new RPG style system is right up my alley.

Also, because i'm not sure i've said it, but there are two kinds of people in my life; those who treat Yakuza and Shenmue as seperate games which are brilliant in their own way and people who are wrong :sneaky:

I agree the number of random battles is a bit much, but at least the combat feels fun and you keep learning new moves to use on these dudes throughout the games. Pretty sure the difficulty even scales a bit now. I remember constantly fighting the same low level generic dudes in the very first Yakuza, which got really tiring due to the awful load times and easy challenge when you’re leveled up and have lots of moves. In Kiwami, it seems like the fights are a tiny bit more challenging in later chapters.

I honestly think I might just play Kiwami 2 next. 50+ hours into Kiwami and I’m still hooked. They lace these games with digital crack..

Yeah, i've no problem with the scripted battles or ones during side quests, but getting stopped in the middle of the street when i'm wanting to do something else is irritating. Ironically for a Shenmue fan, i'm quite impatient, so if I can avoid them, I will.

The quick load times nowadays are a blessing. God knows how I put up with it in the PS2 era!!

The Yakuza 7 DLC package is online in the japanese PSN store.
It includes New Game +, higher job level cap, new costumes
and it only costs about 7 cents(!) until May 6.
They will change the price to 9 dollar on May 6.

I think I might have some credit still left on my Japanese account. If so then I'll try to grab it while it's that cheap (since I bought Y7 digitally)

Pretty sure you’d encounter dudes every 30 seconds (or maybe it just felt that way cuz of the loading) in the first game, and the game would loooooooaaaaaad every time.

Yeah, although they were easier to run away from even despite not having the GUI/map pink indicator.

Not as bad as you might expect, especially coming from Shenmue loading.

I'm not going to go through 84 pages of comments only to say that I adore the Yakuza series. I'm currently replaying Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 was the first game i've ever played that took me over 100 hours to complete.

The characters are amazing and the balance between serious and goofy is wonderful. I find the fighting the weakest part and get annoyed when random people stop me in the street, but that's pretty much my only bug bear about it. Trying to 100% it is a fools game; life is too short (my record is 88% for Yakuza 6). Judgement is incredible and I can't wait for Yakuza 7; the new RPG style system is right up my alley.

Also, because i'm not sure i've said it, but there are two kinds of people in my life; those who treat Yakuza and Shenmue as seperate games which are brilliant in their own way and people who are wrong :sneaky:

7, IMO, is the best game in the series.

And it's NOT because of the RPG system; that is incredibly-effective and done perfectly, but it's everything else that just shoots the game up in greatness.

Car chase in Kiwami nearly drove me mad. At least I didn’t play it on Extreme, where you need to complete the Chinese restaurant sequence every time you lose the car chase! That would’ve driven me into a blind range. I’m glad I’m not a trophy hunter. Pretty pleased I completed the Colisseum; you’re pretty much unbeatable once you’ve got the Tiger Drop. Komaki is def. the toughest guy in the colisseum.

I’ve seen lots of people say Kiwami is barebones compared to Zero. Well compared to most games Kiwami is still a ten course meal. The content goes on forever.

Well, after numerous complaints and gripes about it in the first game... there's another one in the second game! It's longer and just as frustrating! Yay! :rolleyes:

It's minor compared to the plot, but those damn car chases are another reason why I don't like 2 as much as the others...

I wasted all my health items on Jingu and now I can't beat Nishiki. To be fair, Nishiki seems a fair bit easier than Jingu and I've only tried twice. Hope I didn't screw myself over.. The boss fights in this game are a bit of a pain in the ass... Jingu and those self-resurrecting swat team bastards suck! Anything with guns or knives ends up being a bit of a chore.

I think I just need to get my timing on the tiger drop down. No other way I'm getting out of this without any Stamina! At least I managed to get all of Majima's moves. Getting him to show up as Everybody's Idol was a pain.

Back