Yu Suzuki on 2020

I hope he is going to focus on S4, another project would also be nice though. But as long as the Dev Team is in place they should start Shenmue 4 if they can.

In the end we have to wait and see what is going to happen. I really hope that S4 is going to be revelaled at some Point in 2020 but there is no guarantee for that.

If Yu Sukuzi will ever make a VF like game it wont be: It would actually BE a VF game with Sega. He said so himself. (also said he'd like to make a new Outrun)

I'll eagerly support whatever game Yu Suzuki works on next. I hope it's Shenmue 4 though, now is the best time to do so with the team and all the existing assets already in place before the jump of a new hardware generation. Still, I can't help but imagine the kind of successor games to AM2's arcade classic Yu Suzuki could create with today's technology.

I'll eagerly support whatever game Yu Suzuki works on next. I hope it's Shenmue 4 though, now is the best time to do so with the team and all the existing assets already in place before the jump of a new hardware generation. Still, I can't help but imagine the kind of successor games to AM2's arcade classic Yu Suzuki could create with today's technology.
If it is shenmue 4 I really hope it comes out on PS4 I'm not ritch enough to fork out for a ps5 I have only recently got my PS4 lol

Last edited:
It will be a low budget game that will most likely feature some assets fron Shenmue 3.

So it will be released on PS4.
It may also release on PS5.( That will look the same as the pc version on best setting)

If it is shenmue 4 I really hope it comes out on PS4 I'm not ritch enough to fork out for a ps5 I have only recently got my PS4 lol
Even with the PS5 presumably launching in 2020 there will be plenty of games being made for the PS4 at the same time. Until publishers are sure most gamers have shifted over they'll be supporting the previous console generation. I figure that even as late as 2023 it'd still make sense for Shenmue 4 to have a PS4 version.

Did YS draw the last one or did he just provide his signature?

No they talk about the upcoming magic conference

Yeah probably :/

Yu Should not make Shenmue IV as the next game.
He should instead work on making other games for other companies using Unreal Engine.
To get some "experience" with Unreal Engine, and polish his skill with modern 3d games.
That way he can build resources and strategies and then after that work with Shenmue 4.

Yu Should not make Shenmue IV as the next game.
He should instead work on making other games for other companies using Unreal Engine.
To get some "experience" with Unreal Engine, and polish his skill with modern 3d games.
That way he can build resources and strategies and then after that work with Shenmue 4.

I don't think that anybody else is looking to hire Yu Suzuki to make a new ip, especially after Shenmue 3. Nor do I think that Yu is interested in making any more games that are not Shenmue. We will be lucky if he can get the funding for Shenmue 4.

I don't think that anybody else is looking to hire Yu Suzuki to make a new ip, especially after Shenmue 3. Nor do I think that Yu is interested in making any more games that are not Shenmue. We will be lucky if he can get the funding for Shenmue 4.
Yu skill been dull for over a decade since he been doing mostly mobile games, He lacked the knowledge of modern 3D games and he sure learned a LOT in Shenmue 3. But if he work on other games using Unreal engine he can polish his skill and build resources he can reuse in Shenmue.

Back