General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Ban me if you have to. I am too old to play any games in forums. If this became a "post nice reviews to be a member" forum then maybe I came to the wrong place anyways. Already missing the old Dojo...

Problem is, much of your posts are wrong - whether by mistake or on purpose, only you know for sure - but wrong nonetheless. "Ported without any improvements?" Nonsense.

Well---

That escalated quickly. I haven't received a copy yet, but I have good faith that they will be patching a great deal of things in the game come Monday, possibly even issuing smaller fixes after that.

The Shenmue fanbase is massively passionate; thus, that passion is literally the *ONLY* reason this collection or III even exist.

As long as we're positive in our passion for a relatively bug-free experience, I see no reason why D3T won't make every effort to work on it.

Some games don't really need a total makeover. Resident Evil 4 doesn't have much more than an upscale on PS4 and it is still one of the greatest games ever made.

No amount of forum negativity is going to ruin the anticipation welling in me for Tuesday. Especially not these small, patchable issues. It's going to be great to go back and play these again.

Absolutely. I was down for a while for a number of reasons including reading a lot of comments on here. It properly bummed me out. But thanks to reading so many... So many positive comments, especially from first time players has really reinvigorated me. The appreciation for what it is, the VF combat system, the story etc. Nothing but love.

No amount of forum negativity is going to ruin the anticipation welling in me for Tuesday. Especially not these small, patchable issues. It's going to be great to go back and play these again.
God yes. Its been such a long time for me. I've got a funny feeling that I will be pulling an all nighter tomorrow night (Then being a complete zombie at work on tuesday). Just the thought of being sucked into this amazing world again amazes me. I really havent been this excited about a game release for a long time, and probably wont be again until Shenmue 3.

I'm a few days into 'disc 2' now and I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience now. I haven't seen anymore bugs since the double blow cutscene at the beginning of the game. I'm taking my time, training and leveling up my moves, as well as collecting the capsule toys and trying to win prizes in the raffles. I'm also trying to see every cutscene I can. If there's still sound issues, I'm not noticing them anywhere near as much now.

what i dont understand is, why is Sega ignoring all the live streams on Twitch?
they dont want screenshots or other media content in here and it seems like there is a embargo on reviews and so on
but the Twitch streams are online for ... 4-5 days now?
normally all of those users would get a 24 hour ban if the publisher or whoever reports this
but as you can see, the streams are still there. all of them.

what i dont understand is, why is Sega ignoring all the live streams on Twitch?
they dont want screenshots or other media content in here and it seems like there is a embargo on reviews and so on
but the Twitch streams are online for ... 4-5 days now?
normally all of those users would get a 24 hour ban if the publisher or whoever reports this
but as you can see, the streams are still there. all of them.

Take it from me, they have tried, as well as working with YouTube. But the Twitch and YouTube end of their communication and response isn't exactly.... Speedy.

On my side, there's no reason I'm buying this remaster at the moment. I replayed these games on emulator and know the story by heart so I prefer to focus on discovering new games instead.

I was awaiting one significant feature to eventually change my mind, such 60 fps, revamped textures, original audio or clipping fix but I lost hope about the final product. 16-9 is a really nice feature but not as important as these ones imo.

No bitterness towards D3T nor Sega, however. The presence of many bugs is proving that the basic task of converting the engine was likely a pain for the devs. Obviously, releasing a game free of bug must remain the priority.

I could still buy the game to support the franchise though but I'm broke as I just extended my Shenmue 3 pledge from the Fangamer site.

I still cant quite believe I'm playing this on my xb1 right now. It's like, It hasn't properly sunk in I don't think. Just mind blowing that we actually got here after all these years!

And yea this re release isn't without its issues, but I'm telling you, once this is actually running in front of you on a modern piece of hardware, with all the audio and video options at your disposal - it's hard not to be completely in awe.

Which version do you think has less bugs atm? PS4 or Xbox? Would any differences exist?

Which version do you think has less bugs atm? PS4 or Xbox? Would any differences exist?

it seems like Xbox has a newer version than PS4 because there is no 5 or 11 GB update for PS4
but i think somebody in here said that there are still framerate problems in the Xbox version around Dobuita
in Shenmue 1 on the original Xbox One. there are no framerate problems on PS4.

Reactions: AXM
it seems like Xbox has a newer version than PS4 because there is no 5 or 11 GB update for PS4
but i think somebody in here said that there are still framerate problems in the Xbox version around Dobuita
in Shenmue 1 on the original Xbox One. there are no framerate problems on PS4.
?? The Xbox version doesn't have a 5 or 11gb update either?

The most recent updates on the Xbox version that I got were on Saturday, and they were 800mb for S1, and 2gb for S2

How far are you into the game? One way to tell if the XB1 version is on a newer patch than the PS4 one would be to listen to the music in the cutscene where Guizhang and Master Chen are first introduced, and see if you can hear anything wrong with the music, because it's clearly messed up on PS4's 1.01 version

I can't believe Shenmue fans of all people are complaining that these games look "old on PS4"...no shit, Sherlock, they're almost 20 years old. We've known since the reveal that these aren't remakes. Time to get over it.
You took me back with your "no shit , Sherlock" commet. Havent heard that in ages. Im sure you either grew up in the 80s or 90s.

You took me back with your "no shit , Sherlock" commet. Havent heard that in ages. Im sure you either grew up in the 80s or 90s.
Of course I did, I'm on a Shenmue forum! I don't think I've ever actually said that in real life, for what it's worth. Just seemed appropriate at the time.

I just tried to play dumb and pick up my pre-order early...no dice! Tomorrow morning for me.

@Master Kyodai No offense dude, but you say you're too old to be playing games on a forum, yet you came in here throwing an emotional temper tantrum and making disingenuous accusations. When someone called you out on it, you became more hysterical. Calm yourself man.

tenor.gif

bigbaby.gif

Sorry, i couldn't resist lol

This isn't a "post nice reviews to be a member". Im enjoying the remasters, but i don't like that it has all these bugs/glitches, as does many other members (Fortunately, i haven't experienced most of them).

Here's an idea though, rather than throwing a hissy fit and then playing the victim when people tell you to calm down/be constructive, why don't we note down all the bugs we find, compile them into a thread and then send them to SEGA and d3t to sort out?

Personally, i don't think the day 1 patch is gonna fix everything. That's just being unrealistic. But hopefully over the course of the next couple of weeks, all the bugs will get ironed out.

In an ideal world, none of this would be a problem and we'd have a 100% perfect game. Unfortunately, we're not in that situation, so we have to do what we can to help the developers address these problems here and now. If they turn a blind eye and ignore the problem, then fair play to whatever you have to say to them.

Honestly though, even if all the kinks get ironed out, im pretty sure, there's gonna be a select few people who want to shite on the game regardless. My advice to you is to go and play the dreamcast version and forget about the rerelease. It's Incredible that new fans are loving the game, yet some old fans wanna shite on it. I mean you couldn't write this stuff.

To all of you who have yet to receive the game. When you do, enjoy it. You've been waiting for this rerelease for 15 years and its a great experience. I've had a blast. Let's all work together to constructively help the developers fix the remaining issues.

Anymore hysteria, i'm making a big baby thread where you'll be free to whine, be outraged and throw hissy fits as much as your heart desires.

:p

Absolutely. I was down for a while for a number of reasons including reading a lot of comments on here. It properly bummed me out. But thanks to reading so many... So many positive comments, especially from first time players has really reinvigorated me. The appreciation for what it is, the VF combat system, the story etc. Nothing but love.

Peter we always been the minority bro, the cultists, the nerds, the weird ones. Remember back in the day how people made fun of Shenmue and the Xbox days when Halo fanboys would make fun of us? I remember the 6.8 score gamespot gave the game and i remember the awful score the official xbox magazine gave, and guess what, I ignored it all because the only thing that mattered was I knew this game wasn't going to appeal to everyone. The game sold its self to me with the details, the colorful images, being in a far away country exploring. A paragraph will never destroy a well written book.

I think today we have so many more open minded people seeing indy games and walking sims scoring well so i feel confident.

Some people like Mcdonalds, others like a complex delicious juicy steak made with love.

Back