New Member Introductions

Many thanks, YS!

Yeah, I was the third tallest guy in my school, until grade 8, plus I've always been (sadly) heavyset. Then I stopped growing and now I'm not even close to the tallest of my peers lol :(.

And yeah, AK is my homeboy; one of the earliest characters I ever was exposed to and one of my absolute favourites; I started eating Onigiri because of him and now its one of my favourite foods lol; hence why I only use the GIF with him eating the onigiri and not the Burger ;)

BTW, our avatars have succumbed to new board syndrome; they don't animate! :'(

Hi there, welcome to the Dojo. Good profession to be in. Hope you enjoy your time here.:smiley:
Great to be here!

I had the same username from when the Dojo was .net, but I'm mostly a lurker. I'm very active on Twitter, being a part of the tweetathon since the beginning (2012, I think). I did the What's Shenmue PT-BR translation and I'm looking to start working on Shenmue I next week (as a fan project, Sega doesn't like Brazilian fans that much haha).

Hi! I am a new member. I remember reading about Shenmue on teletext. It sounded like my ideal game. I have wished to play it for many a year. So glad to finally get the chance!! But the game is not like the game I played in my head when I played the writing on teletext. So I joined to see if maybe I am playing the game wrong. Hope to find clues here so I can play the game right and it can be as good as before!

My name is Emerald. I live in San Francisco, but eyeballing London by the time I am late 30s or 40s (VFX industry here).

I used to go by Erin on here, even tho that was never my name. :p Now I just use my Gamertag.

I am (in)famous for creating Shenmue Zero. At least it shows I can finish a project lol.

Met Mittens irl a few years back during GDC. Shenmue peeps are very patient compared to other people.

Stiz is my name! I was formally known as Skillz on the old forums. Glad to be a new member here.

note: It took a while for me to go in off topic and post in this thread so sorry for that. late introduction.

So I screwed and posted my introduction at wrong place.
Here's the proper fix:
Im a human-headed fish like creature with very bad mood. Right now Im living in the sunny Spain, enjoying the remastered Shenmue.
Throw me food pellets and some butterflies to keep me happy.
Love: being wrong about something.
Hate: to hate.

I was originally a member of the other Shenmue Dojo forum ending with net but I believe that the site is closing down.

Here is my introduction post from the website so you can get to know me better:

Hi,
I'm a new guy to this forum.
I like video games a lot and proud to be a geek.
I only just recently discovered this website whilst Googling stuff about the Shenmue game series.

This is my first post and I'm new so I apologise if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm 31 years old and from south east of England but currently residing in the countryside of north east England.
Surprisingly, I actually have studied martial arts in the past so I like a lot fighting video games.
I'm very good at drawing and create my own comics and graphic novels, though none are published and I'm not famous, they're all mostly handmade and still in the process of finishing.

I was originally a member of the other Shenmue Dojo forum ending with net but I believe that the site is closing down.

Here is my introduction post from the website so you can get to know me better:

Hi,
I'm a new guy to this forum.
I like video games a lot and proud to be a geek.
I only just recently discovered this website whilst Googling stuff about the Shenmue game series.

This is my first post and I'm new so I apologise if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm 31 years old and from south east of England but currently residing in the countryside of north east England.
Surprisingly, I actually have studied martial arts in the past so I like a lot fighting video games.
I'm very good at drawing and create my own comics and graphic novels, though none are published and I'm not famous, they're all mostly handmade and still in the process of finishing.
Welcome. We hope you enjoy the new site

Hello to everybody! I´m 22 yo from Argentina.

I'm new at Shenmue (the emulator of Dreamcast always gave me headache) so thanks to the new release on Steam I finally played it and I loved it!

I really admire the fact that you guys have this forum alive about 18 years (almost my age holy shit!). Especially when nowadays forum are all dead, with no Shenmue III, its almost a miracle what you did. I suppose the fact that the game didnt appear helped you to keep you united and with hope. Anyway I'm talking too much! It's nice to be here.

Sorry for my English!

Last edited:
Back