110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound a joke but im 100% serious: i want a reverse-birthday quest. Allowing me to introduce my birth date at start and ingame allow me to unlock some requirements in order to get some of the main chars with more affection following me, stalking on me, if you lockview on them they can stay, play fools or "tee-hee-hee!" runaway indicating if you boosted your affinity stats properly. Then in my birthday the character would brought me a toy as a present.

Screenshot_20220420-150900.pngSo I'm looking at the shenmue wiki for the characters and some kinky fan thought that the last bullet point was useful information. Who did it? own up 😂👍

While I'm still skeptical (though admittedly slightly more hopeful) about all of this, my chief wish: if this is indeed S4, I hope it'll also be released on the PS4.
I presume console shortages are keeping companies open to developing for the previous gen (esp. if, for instance, S3 assets are reused), but I'd rather not have to find a PS5 or buy a gaming PC for one game (or, if S5 comes out, two). Just a selfish wish on my part.

While I'm still skeptical (though admittedly slightly more hopeful) about all of this, my chief wish: if this is indeed S4, I hope it'll also be released on the PS4.
I presume console shortages are keeping companies open to developing for the previous gen (esp. if, for instance, S3 assets are reused), but I'd rather not have to find a PS5 or buy a gaming PC for one game (or, if S5 comes out, two). Just a selfish wish on my part.
Personally I'm in the same boat. I would prefer it to be released on the PS4. It's near impossible to find the new consoles anywhere at the moment and the ones you do find are online and double the price range. Fingers crossed it might be a cross gen title :)

If this is indeed S4, I hope it'll also be released on the PS4.

That would be an absolute disaster and I don’t believe people are looking at things from a rationale perspective. If Shenmue 4 is in development it is very unlikely to be released before 2024.

By then the PS4 hardware would be 11 years old. The Pro version couldn’t even run Shenmue 3 at a smooth frame rate, and if Shenmue 4 adopts UE5 would you know what kind of performance we could expect? Let alone the maps would be forced to deal with archaic Jaguar GPU (say hello to more forced walking sections!), unlike most other games which will be benefiting from SSD in terms of streaming content.

No thanks! Hardware shortages will be remedied in next few years. That doesn’t mean we should want the game to be handicapped for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Amazon Luna exclusive
9baZSoP.png

Also hope for a PS4 release with proper optimizing--feasible without Deep Silver rushing the end budget. Always love when old hardware still keep going...!

Honestly, sorta wish any stairs with 4 steps or more were walk-only. The worst performace for me was when running up large stairs in Naiowu. Walking big stairsets helps with making the whole game a bit smoother or just walking whenever there's screen jutter ala Shenmue 2 crowds where you need to pan the camera and/or slow to a walk. All apart of Shenmue experience :D

I spent about a month following a reliable Twitter account and finally got mine through Best Buy. :) Just need to put about an hour of work in each day. Kinda sucks, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back