110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardware perfomance its pragmatic/solid point. Also it is hardware obsolensce.
Though PS4 still having a wider audience per units sold vs PS5 i wouldnt discard a release on the "ol'system"
Also many already pointed optimization and, with time and money, Yu is able to make it as the engineer he is (no wishful thinking) and of course the rest of the devteam who i pressume masters in their arts
#LetsGetShenmueIV #OnAnyPlatform #ButMeta #NotMetaPlease

I spent about a month following a reliable Twitter account and finally got mine through Best Buy. :) Just need to put about an hour of work in each day. Kinda sucks, yeah.
Yup, I just decided I wanted one and followed a few Twitter accounts, set up notifications etc. Within a week or two I had managed to buy one.

His words might shows that the limited edition of S3 sells good and present the possibility of Shenmue IP.
Two different limited edition might shows that the fan community is pretty strong, which makes sequel feasible
Yes indeed, well noted. i never had that perspective before about different limited editions besides pure economical reasons but i must admit that sounds good to me.

Last edited:
No thanks! Hardware shortages will be remedied in next few years. That doesn’t mean we should want the game to be handicapped for that reason alone.
This is a very fair point, especially as one ought keep actual release time in mind, not the mere announcement itself.
(Though, if an S5 is possible and timely, expect me to moan about this concern again ;)...)

Multi-plat would be the way to go, but I'm not sure how they'd bridge the gap between S2 and S4 on Xbox. A "movie" similar to what we originally got with Shenmue 2 on Xbox, perhaps? Or even a "digest movie" like we had included with S3 for those who never played the first two.

I'd love to see a S3 Deluxe Edition released for Xbox but I can't see Microsoft putting up the funds for it seeing as they wanted nothing to do with S3 in the first place; the funds would have to come from somewhere. And if it's even possible since Sony have the exclusivity.

"Hardware shortages will be remedied in next few years" in case WW3 doesn't unleash fully with the actual events. Not trying to make fun at all. I shall say thats the main concern here in Europe, myself this whole teasing helped (stills) a lot to release my mind/evade

so you think he is full of shit to eh? lol
He may a great guy, but LRG has bent this community over and screwed it with their botched handling of the Shenmue III CE and LP set. Communication has been an absolute dismal disaster.

Posted after reading this initial quote, then caught up on the thread. My post wis geared with some smarm toward LRG only...my life has not been ruined to the same degree poor SEW's was by Shenmue III, but I will remain slightly over the top salty about it nonetheless.

Josh seems like a well meaning guy who loves Shenmue. If he wants to find V, then more power to him.

Last edited:

His words might shows that the limited edition of S3 sells good and present the possibility of Shenmue IP.
Two different limited edition might shows that the fan community is pretty strong, which makes sequel feasible
I think he's telling everyone he really loves Shenmue and if someone can show enough faith to fund Shenmue IV then he will do anything he can to guarantee the series ends. That's my take. I don't think he's suggesting he can raise $30 million or that he's about to sign a contract, but he's motivated. I certainly hope we encourage people like Josh, who have some connections, to dream like this, or else the dream will die...

Last edited:
Multi-plat would be the way to go, but I'm not sure how they'd bridge the gap between S2 and S4 on Xbox. A "movie" similar to what we originally got with Shenmue 2 on Xbox, perhaps? Or even a "digest movie" like we had included with S3 for those who never played the first two.

If an anime season 2 is in the works (and if not, it's pretty sure they will make one) : they could offer a blu ray with S1-2-3 in anime, along with the S4 game in 4 years (and a digest movie too).
This would offer a classy introduction for modern or casual players, then onto a S4 game that would please the beginners, as Yu said. This would help to sell the game, on Xbox too, and could be a part of the still mysterious "Shenmue project" 🤔.

Last edited:
What if the reason we need to "fasten our seat belts" is because we have been taken for a ride...?
I'm not entirely un-convinced that they won't announce Ys Net/Yu Suzuki is involved in this one, which they've yet say much about. There's no developer attached at the moment.

Red Goes Faster is launching across Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch sometime in 2024, and the game’s developer wasn’t confirmed either. 110 Industries notes the game will offer a “complementary contrast between exhilarating racing and an intriguing love-triangle-infused story.”

I am somewhat convinced there's going to be an unfortunate backlash against them and/or Ys Net if that's what happens. Maybe someone should do some Red Goes Faster digging...

I'm not entirely un-convinced that they won't announce Ys Net/Yu Suzuki is involved in this one, which they've yet say much about. There's no developer attached at the moment.

I am somewhat convinced there's going to be an unfortunate backlash against them and/or Ys Net if that's what happens. Maybe someone should do some Red Goes Faster digging...
b8j2659.png

Y'know, if you were to roll these two fruits down a hill... red would indeed go faster 🤔

Uhh, Yu did have an interview once (Magic 2019?) where he had a badass concept about a racing game where you fight rush hour expressway traffic hahaha

fuck yeah!

happy holiday btw puff puff pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back