110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's not forget the fact they actually said in response to someone why do you think we had Yu at that conference? They pretty much soft confirmed Shenmue 4.

ysnet_bureau-1068x712.jpg
It was hidden in plain sight, sign of times media saturation, memes and noise as it was predicted in MGS2. Theres someone with a pixel face hiding his/her real one. Which character is that? edit: Lan Di-sama?
Seriously i love the vibes im getting of that faces, that mood... reminds me the good days.
059_pic_03s.jpg059_pic_04s.jpg

It was hidden in plain sight, sign of times media saturation, memes and noise as it was predicted in MGS2. Theres someone with a pixel face hiding his/her real one. Which character is that? edit: Lan Di-sama?
Seriously i love the vibes im getting of that faces, that mood... reminds me the good days.
View attachment 15114View attachment 15115
Laaaaan-diiii saaaaamaaaaa?

Regarding the cohesion of S3, outsourcing big chunks of dev work is standard practice and so is hiring people on a freelance basis, so I honestly wouldn't expect that to change much for S4. But I don't think these things were the core of S3's issues; being a brand new team, delivering a complex, semi-open world game on a budget -- those were the biggest factors by far, I think.

Sure, you could argue Yu should've reigned in the more exaggerated character models so they meshed better with the average NPC, but he was trying to give some creative freedom to those working for him. It didn't bother me too much.

I think the animation project experience will help Yu-San to develop new games, like story telling and the narrative.
I hope S4 story telling can more like S2. S3 storytelling more like S1, slow and peaceful.

They couldn't post a forklift, capsule, martial arts, dragons or pheonix's they all would of been way too obvious, they might not of liked the idea of posting garlic maybe they are fruity people lol healthy foods over stinky ones 🤣
I wish I shared your optimism, but I just don’t see it. Aside from fruit having nothing to do with Shenmue (other than it existing in the third game), the marketing strategy just doesn’t make any sense.

Let’s say that the plan was always to announce a new Shenmue game at the end of the anime and that these hints and teases were designed to build up hype for it. For that to work, they needed somebody to comment on a random picture asking them to work with Yu, a journalist to randomly stumble upon their response and write a story around it and then that news to go viral (and all with enough time to tease an announcement afterward). Not a chance.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I just don’t see it. Aside from fruit having nothing to do with Shenmue (other than it existing in the third game), the marketing strategy just doesn’t make any sense.

Let’s say that the plan was always to announce a new Shenmue game at the end of the anime and that these hints and teases were designed to build up hype for it. For that to work, they needed somebody to comment on a random picture asking them to work with Yu, a journalist to randomly stumble upon their response and write a story around it and then that news to go viral (and all with enough time to tease an announcement afterward). Not a chance.
It is my optimism and it is my belief. Nobody knows for sure how far back a deal could or even how recent one has been made for a potential 4th game. Everyone no matter the studio has a different strategic approaches when it comes to their preferred way marketing, the animation could of been a main part in that marketing while they work on a possible game the anime is out there, catching people up on the story in a different way, pulling in the numbers (which it is) 200000 plus watching an episode each week. They were pitching a year or two ago maybe one of those pitches was recently greenlit due to the animes numbers yu suzuki no longer has to update people on a shenmue project this time around, he can happily take his time and reveal something when he chooses/wants to reveal it. Only time will tell. Nobody knows what's going to happen next...like nobody knew why yu was even at the stream and what might of potentially been discussed at that time.⏳As long as yu's around, there are still studios operating and the fanbase still remains here there's always a chance. Big or small.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again we've been stung before with these sorts of things and don't forget when people wanted Shenmue 3 they announced Shenmue online.

I remain cautious but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the hype around here. The place is buzzing.

I remain cautious but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the hype around here. The place is buzzing.
I'm still cautious i know there's still that chance that it could be something or nothing, but like you said the buzz is crazy and it's fun to actually get on a thread, read people's opinions and see their findings. I'm enjoying the ride regardless plus tonight's animes episode and next week's final. Shenmue is in far greater position than it was 10 year ago.

Shenmue is in far greater position than it was 10 year ago.

Oh for sure. We've got merch coming out of our ears. A really good and (seemingly) successful anime. Shenmue is being talked about very positively for the first time since E3 2015.

We're in a very good position.

Oh for sure. We've got merch coming out of our ears. A really good and (seemingly) successful anime. Shenmue is being talked about very positively for the first time since E3 2015.

We're in a very good position.
Exactly. Which also shows that the name and the property is profitable if done correctly and the focus is in the right places. :)

Everyone no matter the studio has a different strategic approaches when it comes to their preferred way marketing…
Very true, but when dealing with multi-million dollar projects, most tend not to leave things to chance. There’s absolutely no way that anybody could have planned for things to work out the way they did and it’s rare for a company to completely change their strategy based on a rumor. Of course, I’d love to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back