110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, maybe they did pay me to tweet them about Yu Suzuki…

Just kidding. Definitely just a coincidence as far as the comments go, I think.

This last two previous pages are filled of very interesting comments both for being S4 and something else. It seems the meme therapy did its thing. I cant reply to all of them, the resulting post would become unreadable.

I would like to mention that, many of people may know Yu's name mainly tied with Shenmue, thats not the case in Japan.
He's very reminded for his racing arcades and specially Virtua Fighter. Take in account that when we were all astounded with Shenmue for Dreamcast, in Japan was released "Yu Suzuki's Game Works vol. 1" and while its true it didnt spawned a second volume (i couldnt find sold units but keep in mind the short DC lifespan playing a part on poor sells) it shows at least that Yu's previous work may have left in Japan, Yu's homeland so somehow his main target concerning announces, approval rate, etc. Dont get me wrong of course wants to do money like any other businessman would and i think he's entitled to that...
but also believe that leaving a (bigger) legacy, a footprint, has more weight in his mind. It may sound Yu-biased I know.

This last two previous pages are filled of very interesting comments both for being S4 and something else. It seems the meme therapy did its thing. I cant reply to all of them, the resulting post would become unreadable.

I would like to mention that, many of people may know Yu's name mainly tied with Shenmue, thats not the case in Japan.
He's very reminded for his racing arcades and specially Virtua Fighter. Take in account that when we were all astounded with Shenmue for Dreamcast, in Japan was released "Yu Suzuki's Game Works vol. 1" and while its true it didnt spawned a second volume (i couldnt find sold units but keep in mind the short DC lifespan playing a part on poor sells) it shows at least that Yu's previous work may have left in Japan, Yu's homeland so somehow his main target concerning announces, approval rate, etc. Dont get me wrong of course wants to do money like any other businessman would and i think he's entitled to that...
but also believe that leaving a (bigger) legacy, a footprint, has more weight in his mind. It may sound Yu-biased I know.
Yeah, I heard Shenmue is a bigger thing in Western countries.

How would everyone feel if Shenmue 4 is confirmed but the trailer for it reveals that Ryo has to fight his way through a gang called the yellow bees and Chai is a boss fight?

Ok, Chaikilla, that's the best thing you've ever posted! :LOL:

Exactly- theres the exotic factor. We "get deep into asian culture and vibe with the.." and in Japan probably feels "like home".
I dont saying it didnt make an impact though! Anyone in doubt should check the mindblowed audiences at P.Berkley event '99. But you guess my point. Thats why the anime its very important, because i think it added value to the series for an audience, japanese youngsters, who may not feel same appeal than the old (ugh) Shenmue guard.

Well the anime seems to be really making an impression and it's clearly a good impression to be getting into and over the hundred thousand mark in ratings on a regular week schedule, I'll be fascinated to see how it does when it airs on Tokyo mx which is supposed to reache over 15 million households I believe in may sometime. The anime has definitely helped shenmue ALOT. There's no denying that. 👍 :)

Well the anime seems to be really making an impression and it's clearly a good impression to be getting into and over the hundred thousand mark in ratings on a regular week schedule, I'll be fascinated to see how it does when it airs on Tokyo mx which reaches over 15 million households I believe in may. The anime has definitely helped shenmue ALOT. There's no denying that. 👍 :)
Holy shit... i live in an island with the size of a fly poo. the idea of a local tv network reaching that number of folks escapes my measure senses (just googled it..we're <1million XD well be taking the world oh lord we're ants)

Last edited:
Koch Media/Deep Silver?

Considering their response to continuing the franchise, I'm a bit surprised. But...it does instill hope.

They may have done more harm than good, but one can opt out and still be sentimental about the franchise they helped continue, even if they made mistakes.

Plus the online shenmue x yokosuka anime promotion has started today, an online capsule toy game. If you collect a complete set of 15 stills of famous scenes from the anime & game scenes you go into a lucky draw. A greeting card will be posted to winners. Again more promotion of some kind for shenmue I don't think that's for a shenmue IV but for the anime immediate debut on Tokyo mx but still it's great to see it in the spotlight having events. :)

Last edited:
Musing:

One reason I believe that Shenmue IV(and possibly V) will become a reality for us has to do with the anime. I think they go hand-in-hand.

Traditionally, I think there is usually a wait between seasons on certain anime. If so, having Shenmue IV become a reality in game format serves two purposes.

It gives Yu Suzuki the chance to continue the series in game, plus it serves to give extra material for a second season of the anime, as the first round has focused on I & II.

So having it focus on Shenmue III and IV helps a lot, both having a different format for folks to enjoy the story, as well as allowing Yu Suzuki to incorporate more depth, particularly to Shenmue III, of which the story felt a bit rushed(probably due to Deep Silvers pressure and overall Kickstarter stress).

Shenmue V would be great to have on its own in-game, but it'd also make for a great "series finale" that you see in some forms.

I see the entire resurrection of Shenmue and rekindled interest a testamenf the sheer power of its fanbase and it could pay off dividends, as it has in other media.

Lucifer was another series(in television) whose fans helped it to be resurrected by Netflix and it ended up having a great conclusion that fans deserved.

Musing:

One reason I believe that Shenmue IV(and possibly V) will become a reality for us has to do with the anime. I think they go hand-in-hand.

Traditionally, I think there is usually a wait between seasons on certain anime. If so, having Shenmue IV become a reality in game format serves two purposes.

It gives Yu Suzuki the chance to continue the series in game, plus it serves to give extra material for a second season of the anime, as the first round has focused on I & II.

So having it focus on Shenmue III and IV helps a lot, both having a different format for folks to enjoy the story, as well as allowing Yu Suzuki to incorporate more depth, particularly to Shenmue III, of which the story felt a bit rushed(probably due to Deep Silvers pressure and overall Kickstarter stress).

Shenmue V would be great to have on its own in-game, but it'd also make for a great "series finale" that you see in some forms.

I see the entire resurrection of Shenmue and rekindled interest a testamenf the sheer power of its fanbase and it could pay off dividends, as it has in other media.

Lucifer was another series(in television) whose fans helped it to be resurrected by Netflix and it ended up having a great conclusion that fans deserved.
That's how I envisioned it. The anime's first season focusing on 1 and 2. The second season would use 3 with a possible 4 and 5 being the final which would stands by itself in a third & final season. Who's to say crunchyroll/adult swim hasn't helped yu a little more financially to pursue another game? after the success of the first season, maybe they'd like the audience/community would like to see more themselves. If it means them making money from its anime adaption I think they'd like to keep the shenmue brand going on their end and gaming studios can work with them to bring in more profit. Nothing is off the table at this current moment. Love your optimism and positivity in each message truly a treat to see 👍 :)

You are not a bunch of blind fanboys talking bloody nonsense. The timing its too tight, too perfect. I believe also game media plays the cautious role yet because sticking journalism ethics but they really buy this.

Might be putting all my eggs in one basket here, but now most of the way convinced it's Shenmue IV.

YsNet could expand for any number of projects, but my gut tells me it's something that Shenmue actively demands and thus the most likely reason.

What has caused you to go "all in" so to speak? Is it solely the expansion possibility?

Usually, you're one of the more cautiously optimistic folks. I'm not knocking you, just wondering what, specifically, has caused the ball to shift into a different court for you?

If Shenmue IV isn't announced this year I will eat Ryo's Leather Jacket🥴 But seriously Shenmue IV has to be announced soon why have the anime if you're not going to make another game soon? Unless the anime goes past 3 and beyond like how Game of Thrones did it with the books.

Last edited:
There's even the "Red Goes Faster" being a fake game lure/stunt scenario, distracting us from S4. Wishful thinking? Yes but also when it comes to viral marketing who knows
What if its S4 on UE5? What if thats a Hong Kong movie set? A race circuit minigame really expanded?
Its going to happen

I don't see any other project this can be, everything just naturally fits. Their behaviour (110industries) has not helped the situation. I wholeheartedly believe this is shenmue IV. 🤞🤞🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back