110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

It's interesting to think about things in the scales of budget. For example, $20M is considered very small AA, nowhere near the budget of AAA games. But for us, we'd think a budget of $20-50M for Shenmue IV would be substantial(and it would be)

For context, I saw recently where both Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy cost Square a loss of almost $200M.

Just these numbers are astounding to me regardless and doesn't include somebody like Musk.

Even if you had $2 or $3M, you could literally throw it in a good bank account, maybe work part time or not at all..and live off the interest the rest of your life and probably never really touch it.

I think the likelihood we will see Shenmue IV rests on one simple thing, even if it isn't in the format we want.

Yu Suzuki always wanted to finish the series in game format and I still believe he's going to be granted that wish(hopefully by 110i).

If it somehow inexplicably isn't in the cards that way, I'm reasonably confident the series will see the conclusion we wish in the recent anime adaptation.

When you think on this, you have to ask one simple question:

"Are we *really* going to have TWO different formats for Shenmue where BOTH of them remain incomplete?"

The answer is what we wait for.

Back