110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

If that was intended as an insult then that was distasteful and that was totally disrespectful. All I did was voice my opinion on the situation there was literally no call nor need to stoop to that level. By all means open up a debate but please use some decorum with your retorts to all members in the dojo. Though we don't all see eye to eye on this scenario please refrain and desist from name calling people in the thread. This not the place and is just unnecessary. Like seaman stated we are all supposed to be family here and yes like familes we may quarrel with one another but like most family in the world we do in actual fact have to stick together and look out for one another. Absolutely 110 could of handled this situation far better than they have and not acted in such a way that suggests such a possibility of a potential IV announcement plus that same announcement they could of simply put a small update about it without confirming or denying what it actually is that they are working on unfortunately we are all in the same boat. Whether we like it or not we have to wait and hold on until they're officially ready. Rereading through the comments I initially made I understand that messaging them is definitely not going to speed up the process of any update/news but I can still recognise why people try and attempt to get a response there's no crime in trying...but let's hold back and watch from a distance until something else is eventually dropped. Let them go at their own pace at their end and we'll work at our own speed over here. Let's just get back to having fun, eat your banana, grab an apple, drink some milk, make some good guesses, engage in healthy discussions and more importantly share our theories together sailors and move on. 👍🍎🍌🥛🙂

At this point I'm lead to believe 110 industries are just liking every Shenmue 4 related post even if they claim otherwise, it's nothing to get excited about

Everyone try and get along. I know passion can easily get out of hand sometimes, but it's important to keep your emotions in check and always be respectful to each other.

In regards to 110, everyone just be patient and wait. We'll know for certain by June 10th. If its Shenmue related, awesome, we can celebrate like there's no tomorrow. If it's not, cool, we move on and continue the campaign.

You all waited 15 years for Shenmue 3, you can wait a month for some potential Shenmue 4 news

Regardless of Shenmue, it's important that you all show each other common respect and decency. We're all adults here and way past that high school drama nonsense. Always remember, we're all on the same team.

Enjoy your weekend

I think sometimes people misconstrue people's tone or mood through text. It's hard to gauge sometimes.

I'm personally perfectly happy and chilled, I just think 110 could have handled it a better and wish they had for our own peace of mind. It's not like I'm sat here angry and actually pissed off, ready to take a pitchfork and march to their offices. I haven't even sent them a single tweet or comment.

I also think we're tying ourselves in knots and conflating different things. We don't really know anything.

1.They said a big announcement was coming within a few weeks. This could be Shenmue related, it could be YS related, or it might be to do with something else entirely. I will reiterate though that if it happens and it is not Shenmue (or YS) related, that does not mean that 110 aren't involved with with YS or Shenmue. It just means that particular announcement had nothing to do with either.

<People are acting like the above and below are connected, but we don't have any confirmation of that>

2. In response to someone asking if 110 will be at some video games show on 9th June, 110 responded with "maybe 10th June". This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their big announcement and again, if that date comes and goes without a mention of Shenmue or YS, then it doesn't mean Shenmue in some capacity isn't on the cards. I also don't think it's any kind of cryptic tease... It's just a date to keep an eye on.

Wait...

...did the 110 CEO's parents purposely give birth to him on Yu Suzuki's birthday because they both loved Hang On, and knew he'd follow in their footsteps and one day publish a Suzuki game?!

Seems likely given the circumstances. An extremely long play, but huge respect 🙏

100% the truth, I was a planned Gemini birth (my dad is the 9th of June, I'm the 12th) to keep it in the family (almost half of us are Gemini, the other almost half are Cancer and there are one-offs sprinkled in here or there).

I agree that it isn't time to engage in anger and frustration. I mean, they aren't going to respond to direct inquiries and certainly not ones that are quite mean. They didn't even outright deny any articles or rumors, which most companies will do pretty fast.

I still think my theory is sound and I'm going to double down. They wouldn't say they had a big announcement, deny its the one about the one guy and then just not do anything.

Something happened and I believe they pushed it to the Geoff Keighley event, or a Sony event(since they usually do their own thing).

Yes, it's normally planned in advance. However, if they're looking for a bit more splash for their upstart company, it would make sense and it is doable to get into after the fact, particularly if your reveal is something that has become a bit more known thanks to the anime.

We all know that the Shenmue series is not a big seller in the video game industry; but it has very vocal and loyal fan base; and everytime that there is news it allways creates a buzzer around it.
A company like 110 industries does not have big video game portfolio and I believe it is a good strategy to pick up a well known series like Shenmue to get the company noticed; in fact I believe the samething hapenned with Deep Silver and it was also one of the reasons why they made a deal with YS Net.
Making a deal with Ys Net will also be great publicity for 110 industries and their other titles; because Shenmue always attracts a big crowd and the media for "better" or for "worse" (dem haters).
If they can turn Shenmue into a profitable series it will definitely put their name on the map.
Lets just hope it turns out to be true and that they can have a good relationship with Ys Net.

so would it be harassment to hit josh from lrg for not ponying up the capital for 4 like he said he could but not 5? I still want him to make good on what he said?

so would it be harassment to hit josh from lrg for not ponying up the capital for 4 like he said he could but not 5? I still want him to make good on what he said?
He’s not obligated to do anything for us, so kind of. He’s a fan, who happens to have some access to distribution and publishers. 2ndrichestduck mysteriously started following him a day after we asked him about things, btw… Josh also reiterated he’s interested. I don’t think he’s searching for glory. He’s released two limited Shenmue 3 editions. He’s a fan.

hypocrisy-meter.gif

point proven. that's all I wanted to state about him.

No worries. carry on.

June 10th or not, I do think this company (110) is cooking up something Shenmue-related.

Whether it comes to fruition or not is a different story, but, at this point, it would be downright amateurish and stupid of them to just mislead fans for weeks for no reason.

I think the best advice here is to shh about the Josh thing. Fan my ass. I stand on it. Let's move on now shall we? don't write checks your ass can't cash.

Last edited:
You need to calm down. This obsession with Josh needs to stop. He's a fan and has done a lot for the community.

Give him a break
I'll do just that. By leaving the forum. You guys have fun now.

It's not an obsession. It's the fucking truth. And, I strongly believe it that I'm officially gonna leave the forum. Done what for the community? Made a limited edition shenmue 3 thing? Oh wow. He pocketed that money. Whippie do. What did he get the kick starter started? (nope) did he run his mouth stating some shit that I believed was a crock of shit and you guys have the nerve to tell me I'm wrong. fuck this.

Back