Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Can’t Ys Net just make the game and put it up on the PlayStation Store? Self published basically and no need to create physical copies.
They could if they have the funding to make the game.

I'd suggest they don't at this point in time. Hence making other games - for profit - to fund 4.

They could if they have the funding to make the game.

I'd suggest they don't at this point in time. Hence making other games - for profit - to fund 4.
They are working though and have expanded office space. They could be focusing on making Shenmue 4 for profit.

Don’t understand why YsNet has a larger team and are hard at work on not Shenmue 4 and everyone is okay with this.

They are working though and have expanded office space. They could be focusing on making Shenmue 4 for profit.

Don’t understand why YsNet has a larger team and are hard at work on not Shenmue 4 and everyone is okay with this.
Well for a start he can make what the hell he wants.

Secondly YSNET gave up the second floor of that building this year. https://officee.jp/detail/28687/424097/

Not to panic anyone as it's likely tied to the recession

Remember he's confirmed they've a new project in the works so YSNET is alive and kicking

Last edited:

Because we are being realistic.

We all want Shenmue 4. But it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. Other companies are funding those games he's making. Like in the case of Air Twister, he struck a deal with Apple.

And who's to say S4 isn't one of those projects in development?

I understand your frustration, I do.
But come on SMD, you're lacking common sense here and people are understandably going to get fed up with how you're coming across, if they aren't already.

You're almost as bad as that Ahmed guy.

Because we are being realistic.

We all want Shenmue 4. But it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. Other companies are funding those games he's making. Like in the case of Air Twister, he struck a deal with Apple.

And who's to say S4 isn't one of those projects in development?

I understand your frustration, I do.
But come on SMD, you're lacking common sense here and people are understandably going to get fed up with how you're coming across, if they aren't already.
I’m fed up with no Shenmue 4. I

Secondly YSNET gave up the second floor of that building this year. https://officee.jp/detail/28687/424097/

Remember he's confirmed they've a new project in the works so YSNET is alive and kicking
Yes Suzuki can make what the hell he wants.

He also has the right to retire right now and spend the rest of his days lounging in a tropical paradise drinking pina colada’s and forgetting all about Shenmue and the fans.

But we really wouldn’t want that to happen.

I'd sell my body to help fund Shenmue IV but...

a) you can't afford me
b) my fiance probably wouldn't like it
c) I don't know Yu-san's home address
a) Take one for the team
b) I’m sure she’ll forgive you
c) OK fine, YS Net’s address will have to do

Now go sell yourself and bring us Shenmue IV.

They gave up office space? I can’t read Japanese.

Maybe Yu-San is allowing his employees to work from home and using the savings in office rent to fund S4? Either that or he doesn’t need much office space anymore because he’s developing another small mobile game.

Also Sonoshee mentioned that Yu-San struck a deal with Apple to bankroll Air Twister…. I wonder if he also asked Apple to fund S4? Apple has more than enough cash in hand to fund the development of the game and Apple has always prided itself on being “different” just like Shenmue.

Also wasn’t Shenmue 3 supposed to be sold in China to make lots of money? That’s why they got rid of the British flag in S2 and gambled for tokens in S3…. why isn’t Yu-San funding S4 with Chinese money?

Last edited:
Yeah, and why isn't Mr 'I'd fund Shenmue 5, but not Shenmue 4' LRG man not just funding Shenmue 4 already? Nobody cares about Shenmue 5 right now. We want Shenmue 4!

They gave up office space? I can’t read Japanese.

Maybe Yu-San is allowing his employees to work from home and using the savings in office rent to fund S4? Either that or he doesn’t need much office space anymore because he’s developing another small mobile game.

Also Sonoshee mentioned that Yu-San struck a deal with Apple to bankroll Air Twister…. I wonder if he also asked Apple to fund S4? Apple has more than enough cash in hand to fund the development of the game and Apple has always prided itself on being “different” just like Shenmue.

Also wasn’t Shenmue 3 supposed to be sold in China to make lots of money? That’s why they got rid of the British flag in S2 and gambled for tokens in S3…. why isn’t Yu-San funding S4 with Chinese money?
The Chinese release never happened of Shenmue 3. So that's why.

I doubt he asked Apple to fund 4 and if he did holding to the Apple Arcade platform, even if only for a year, would be suicide.

The link is the advert for the floor they gave up.

Yeah, and why isn't Mr 'I'd fund Shenmue 5, but not Shenmue 4' LRG man not just funding Shenmue 4 already? Nobody cares about Shenmue 5 right now. We want Shenmue 4!

Well, the guy doesn't have to help at all. He's offering to see the franchise concluded if someone else can foot the bill for S4. I'd say that's pretty swell of him. At least we'll get a conclusion if his offer is legit. Saves the wait again between S4 and 5, right?

Back