What are your plans?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
When S3 hits the 24 hr launch time-zone?

Me personally, Imma hang around all the active gaming/social media community and get the hyped fever going.:D

And keep multiple tab open on shenmue fan pages specifically.

Care to share yours?:coffee::giggle:

P.S. Will the Dojo have a hype party/gathering b4 release?:unsure:

Avoiding social media until my first completion.

Avoiding social media till I get my Hands on the game. This could take some time though, I am not sure I will get my physical copy of S3 so fast. I got it via the Slackerbacker campaign and the delivery to Europe could take some time. So I Need to stay strong and stay away from the Internet as much as possible.

I've booked the time off work so I am going dark and locking myself away to play it.

It comes out just after a UK bank holiday so I suspect some of may end up getting retail releases earlier than the release date so that might be worth keeping in mind.

We are looking into a few ideas around hyping the game so stay tuned ;)

I've booked the time off work so I am going dark and locking myself away to play it.

It comes out just after a UK bank holiday so I suspect some of may end up getting retail releases earlier than the release date so that might be worth keeping in mind.

We are looking into a few ideas around hyping the game so stay tuned ;)
Oh that's great. Will keep a tab on Dojo around the last day b4 release date then.:D(y)

Sounds nice spud1987. I am sure you guys will do something nice as always. The Quality of the dojo page are awesome so I m not worried that your ideas might be bad.(y)

Oh that's great. Will keep a tab on Dojo around the last day b4 release date then.:D(y)
Sounds nice spud1987. I am sure you guys will do something nice as always. The Quality of the dojo page are awesome so I m not worried that your ideas might be bad.(y)

I won't give much away but towards the summer you will see everything from us ramp up. Coordinating a physical meet up might be more challenging but we've got plenty in store for everyone!

We shall see. Lots of factors come into play with a physical meet up that make things difficult.

However we do stream weekly anyway via our twitch and our social media is always active.

Stay tuned :)

I've derailed this haha so back on topic!

I will read here and on reddit who the first person is that owns the physical release and the kickstarter-/slacker backer-pledges. To see all the pictures of happy fans, i'm so hyped to see that the game will be real. I don't know if i can take a holiday-day or i have "flu" on that week ;-). I don't want to miss the package on the day of delivery. ;-) It will be a special summer.

Edit: I will play slooooooooooow. So slow like Resident Evil 2 Remake. Here in germany we have a Gaming-Channel former on twitch now on youtube and they are played Resident Evil 2 Remake with three persons, sitting on a couch and it's so funny for me to watch these videos first and then i play the game for myself.

Last edited:
I'll probably be cursing out French retailers for breaking the street date, and streamers for breaking the embargo with their review copies, all helping to dilute that feeling of a universal countdown to the big day. :mad:

I'm taking time off work, nothing is coming between me and Shenmue III. Also will probably time a playthrough of the original games so it feels like they never left.

I’ll be watching all trailers and officially released information, but in the final week or so I’ll be on a social media black-out similar to how I did with Resi 2. I’ll also be avoiding YouTube because I’ve previously had the bad luck of seeing a video thumbnail where a YouTuber who’d gotten a game a week early had a screenshot of a massive spoiler laid bare for all to see complete with big fat white letters slapped across it which, again, gave away too much information. (e.g. ‘OMG! We died!!!’) ?

I’ll also be avoiding YouTube because I’ve previously had the bad luck of seeing a video thumbnail where a YouTuber who’d gotten a game a week early had a screenshot of a massive spoiler laid bare for all to see complete with big fat white letters slapped across it which, again, gave away too much information. (e.g. ‘OMG! We died!!!’) ?
YES. This.

I hate that clickbait video trend spoiling games. Sucks that the YouTube algorithm just throws those videos at you too.

I'll take a day off. Buy a giant pizza, burn some insence with a japaneese flavour. And enjoy the heck of the game!
Avoiding spoilers in the days that lead to the release also of course!!!

I'll take a day off. Buy a giant pizza, burn some insence with a japaneese flavour. And enjoy the heck of the game!
Avoiding spoilers in the days that lead to the release also of course!!!

Oh yes! I love scented candles/incense when gaming.

As I've yet to purchase a PS4 or a computer worthy of gaming-- I can, but it's hard to justify the purchase for what's likely to be a library as small as, say, Shenmue, RDR2, and Sonic Mania-- I'll likely try to bury my head in the sand in vain.
If I do get a PS4 by then, I'll just tell work I have scabies or something and hide in a cave with enough cheap beer to get me to the bad ending.

That said, I spoiled most of Shenmue II for myself as a teenager. While waiting for the Xbox edition, I found a UK Dreamcast magazine stateside and read the entire walkthrough excitedly. I played through it come Christmastide, and it still beat my expectations. Being older yet, I suspect I won't die if I catch a spoiler or two.

As I've yet to purchase a PS4 or a computer worthy of gaming-- I can, but it's hard to justify the purchase for what's likely to be a library as small as, say, Shenmue, RDR2, and Sonic Mania--

Syberia 3? Last Guardian? Rez Infinite?

I'm taking time off work, nothing is coming between me and Shenmue III. Also will probably time a playthrough of the original games so it feels like they never left.

Definitely planning to take a week holiday beginning August 26. In the meantime, playing Shenmue II on OGXB in early April, just because I haven't played it since 2003. Might also do a random disc 4 single-sitting next week (or early July). My second playthrough of Shenmue III will be consecutive with Shenmue I+II on PS4. Third play order will be Dreamcast-PS4, then DC-XB-PS4 on the fourth play..... thinking too much and too far ahead...? Ha!

Nah.

Back