Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

Spaghetti

Site Staff

It appears Weekly Famitsu will have a feature/interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue III. Any of our Japan-residing members planning to pick it up?

Coincidentally, this issue releases on the same day Yu is set to appear at Reboot Develop Blue. Related? Maybe, maybe not.

summoning-jutsu-gif-2.gif

Summoning Switch!

Wow, thanks for posting this. Very, very awesome Shenmue 3 is hitting all the heavy hitter publications. Cover story on Edge (which might just be the most respected gaming magazine in the world) and now Famitsu which is huge in Japan and quite famous and notorious in the rest of the world also. I don't think my 17 year old self that started the Shenmue 3 petition (and got so excited when it took off) could even fathom Shenmue 3 ever even being made let alone being Edge's cover story and now a feature in Famitsu.

It's just night and day how far we've come, since hanging on to every tidbit of Yu Suzuki information over the years to Shenmue 3 becoming a reality. It feels like as we edge closer to release and awesome stuff like this keeps happening, the realisation is ever increasingly hitting home. Roll on August! My most anticipated release in 20 years.

Y'know, I think this might be the first proper Shenmue III feature in Famitsu since the Kickstarter.

There was a little update blurb when the PC version came to the Slacker Backer site in late 2016, but I'm not sure that counts in the same capacity.

Truthfully though, I'm mostly just expecting Yu to reiterate what we've already learned from EDGE and other outlets, just for the Japanese market. Keeping my fingers crossed he's got a little extra to talk about, but he was pretty buttoned up on certain subjects at MAGIC. I think Deep Silver PR have told him to play it cool until the next scheduled event, haha.

Thats good News that the media coverage has started. First edge, than the UK Playstation Magazine and now the Famitsu . Not to Forget the M! Games Article for the german speaking world.

Do not expect much new groundbreaking News to be honest, but I am still very happy that S3 is getting featured in the very famous Famitsu.

Very excited to read the upcomming translations of this article.
Decided to put together this litle thread to generate a discussion about it.
Will we know about the shenmue 3 debug and adjustment phase?
The mag is comming tomorrow! ;)
Merged with current topic.

It's getting silly now. So much for "the marketing begins at Magic."

The marketing apprentice at my work could do a better job.

It is a weekly magazine in Japan. Regardless of the Famitsu name, don't think they're going to do any big reveal for an issue that'll be replaced in 5.8 days. If the monthlly Famitsu, it should've been a bigger deal. One new shot of the forklift suffices, really.

It is a weekly magazine in Japan. Regardless of the Famitsu name, don't think they're going to do any big reveal for an issue that'll be replaced in 5.8 days. If the monthlly Famitsu, it should've been a bigger deal. One new shot of the forklift suffices, really.
I get the impression this might be a slow burner before a big summer blowout. That's fine with me. Its been in several well known publications already and likely more to come.

Back