Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

On the famitsu website yes, he's been talking about UE4, visuals and facial animations. But we just have machine translation.
Yes, somewhat confusingly Weekly Famitsu chose to produce two versions of the interview: one in the printed magazine, and another online. It seems they included unique sections in each.

My translation is of the magazine version, but I will be moving onto the online version to cover any untranslated parts there.

Thank you so much @Switch

Yu has such a high concept way of thinking when it comes to game design. It truly blows me away.....
I wonder what might have been, if Yu was able to develop for all these years unhindered.

With eating playing a role in S3, will we be able to make Ryo overweight?
I hope so.

I cannot wait for this game. More RPG elements I will just get so caught up in, putting in hours of gameplay, well before progressing the story. I cannot wait for the end of August. This is my perfect Shenmue 3.

It sounds like my hope of a "Shenmue 2" experience at the beginning will also happen. I didn't give a shit and ran out of school when my friend Ray told me Shenmue 2 was released for the Dreamcast. I had it pre-ordered for ages, and it was due to come out on a specific date. But because of the Dreamcast dying, or perhaps the release date was just moved, it was released about a week earlier, and when I was told, I bolted! When I got home and played it, I got as far as checking into the Come Over Guest House, and once I had done that, it was time to live this game. Time to explore. For the rest of the day I worked the Lucky Hit stand at the bottom of the street, and since it was new, enjoying every minute of it! Just living in this world, not progressing the story. I can see the exact same thing happening with Shenmue 3. Get the early story cut-scenes out of the way, then spend hours just living in the world. That is Shenmue to me.

Indeed, can’t wait to soak in the ambience...I hardly play games anymore, but Shenmue has many therapeutic qualities

Last edited:
Back