Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that. It's the feeling to have been sold for nor real benefit.
One could argue that this will actually end up being detrimental to the series in the long run. I suppose that doesn’t really matter to DS as long as they get their 30 pieces of silver. Perhaps that’s where they got their name?

The only thing that's probably going to save this game saleswise is if it gets good reviews.

If somehow we end up getting Shenmue 4 out of this then things are going to have to be handled drastically differently.

The only thing that's probably going to save this game saleswise is if it gets good reviews.

If somehow we end up getting Shenmue 4 out of this then things are going to have to be handled drastically differently.

About that... I wouldn't count on it. The game will surely have an amazing story and everything we like from Shenmue. But yeah, it looks rough. Super rough. And the english dub is yiiiiiikes.

Here is a tweet you may be interested in. Expect a solution soon.

About that... I wouldn't count on it. The game will surely have an amazing story and everything we like from Shenmue. But yeah, it looks rough. Super rough. And the english dub is yiiiiiikes.

The weirdest thing about the trailer (other than the dead faces) is how little of the world it shows. We've seen that dock and the main shopping street from a hundred different angles now. And despite them being small areas there are very few NPC's.

I did not back the Kickstarter because no credit card. I did not back the slacker Backer.
I preordered shenmue pc key. But i will cancel my preorder.

Then pirate it and buy the game once it comes to Steam
Hey dude, please don't advocate piracy here. Not for Shenmue or any title.

What? There was nothing wrong with the trailer at all. Everything was exceptionally amazing.

Piracy is not helping the game at all. So it should not advocated here. I can get the Point that some People want to get the game on Steam that much, that they wan to get illegal Things. That is not good. It does not help the game and it does not help the Fanbase. Just wait a bit longer till it is released on Steam if the Epic Launcher is compeletly out the Question.

Shenmue 3 should not used as a scapegoat to fight against some Business practise that is common in the pc gaming world today.

If the game is good it should be supported. If is bad no Need to support it.

What? There was nothing wrong with the trailer at all. Everything was exceptionally amazing.
Whilst I agree that the trailer was good, he's allowed to feel that way. Please don't be dismissive of him.

The look of Shenmue 3 might be different than other games shown at E3 but lets be honest. Due to the non Mainstream look Shenmue 3 is one of the more memorable games of the game. All the other "good" Looking games look really bland and boring without any character. They all look the same. No exlusive character designs. Although These AAA games are from different Studios they do not look like that. They could all be made by the same Person . They look just too Mainstream.

But I understand that the different look is not for everbody. Same People like the wannabe photorealism.

Trailer looked all right. Not gonna sugar coat it but each trailer we've gotten is very vague. Facial animations are nowhere to be found which sucks in this day and age. The voice acting and other stuff I can look passed. Also they rarely show any new areas....always the same places since the start....

Trailer looked all right. Not gonna sugar coat it but each trailer we've gotten is very vague. Facial animations are nowhere to be found which sucks in this day and age. The voice acting and other stuff I can look passed. Also they rarely show any new areas....always the same places since the start....

That MIGHT be because they don't want to spoil too much. I hope that's the case at least.

Here is a tweet you may be interested in. Expect a solution soon.

Why do people keep parroting this 'the game was only promised for PC, not Steam specifically' nonsense? It was listed in the system requirements in Kickstarter updates right up until the June 4th update. Not only that, but the backer survey stated Steam specifically.

That MIGHT be because they don't want to spoil too much. I hope that's the case at least.

Or just being hopeful lol. Also how much are they really spoiling if they show some more areas.....every trailer is vague like they're hiding something. Maybe I'm wrong, wait and see in November. They've been very against showing gameplay that's for sure

Why do people keep parroting this 'the game was only promised for PC, not Steam specifically' nonsense? It was listed in the system requirements in Kickstarter updates right up until the June 4th update. Not only that, but the backer survey stated Steam specifically.
I know, I'm sick of correcting people on twitter.

I know...

He means well, but explanations like this aren't really helping when people are meanwhile tweeting out photos of their Fangamer receipts. It's just going to drum up even more infuriated responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back