the waiting game.
Yu Suzuki just revealed some new Shenmue III Screenshots at Japan Expo Paris:

KCRzrFy.jpg

Fp0gAJ1.jpg

7P1eh1S.jpg

lTdPO6o.jpg

A direct feed version of the Walmart footage was also shown:

Last edited:
Is that Virtua Fighter on the cab by Ryo’s Head? The font certainly makes me think it is.
It's definitely the same font/color at the very least.

When it's amazing to see a guy sitting... because Lan Di was always just standing on something.

And DAMN that arcade looks huge! There is even room for some mini golf apparently. And why do they tease us with a Space Harrier poster when the game can't be in the game?

If only the quality of these screens was better. They are rather blurry.

I just love seeing Kid Nocon's modeling in Shenmue III. I'm so happy for him man, what a story. That arcade looks incredible, I can't wait to find out what all the games are.

The game on the bottom right with the desert screenshot probably isnt playable. I think we will only be allowed to play games with actual titles and that one just says Video Games.

But looks like we are playing some form of mini golf called "Nice Golf" xD

When it's amazing to see a guy sitting... because Lan Di was always just standing on something.

And DAMN that arcade looks huge! There is even room for some mini golf apparently. And why do they tease us with a Space Harrier poster when the game can't be in the game?

If only the quality of these screens was better. They are rather blurry.

Once theyre up on Shenmue.link the HD versions will be available sooner than later.

I'm starting to wonder how many of the arcade machines will actually be usable. I guess there will be a lot more for show than just that single cabinet in the You Arcade. There is definately some Virtua Fighter logo there and the machines are about as much of an anachronism as the Saturn in the Hazuki living room.

What do you think the sign on the screen of the rightmost cabinet reads? It looks like it could be "Coming Soon".

Such detail. Look at Lan-Di’s fingers or his entire hand not only is it detailed, but looks incredibly calloused. In fact his entire character model looks slightly more worn or aged. Makes you believe that he’s seen a lot and been through a lot himself for someone who’s only in their mid 30’s. Maybe it was due to the harsh training of the Tiger Swallow Style or the amount of shady business he’s conducted with the Chi You Men. Such small details like this are great because they can tell you a lot about the character. Imagine what would’ve happened if Yu-San had a AAA budget to work with, the impressive amount of detail Lan-Di has now would be even ten times better. Especially since Suzuki wanted to have each individual finger move independent from one another.

Last edited:
Agreed on Lan Di. For some reason, Ryo doesn't seem as detailed in the screens there. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be worked on last.

I fully expect this game to be far more advanced by August-September. Considering the game is done except for improvements, refinements and polish...5 months is a lot of time for this small team to make the magic happen. If they delay till January, 7 months(I still feel they'll back out of the AAA glut holiday season. Just me.)

Back