New Screenshots from Japan Expo Paris + Direct Feed Walmart Trailer

Looks like Shenhua is wearing the skirt she had in Shenmue II instead of her new digs we have seen her in for the past few years of Shenmue III's development.

At this point, I'd say release it in November as planned. At least November isn't as packed as Q1 2020. Q1 2020 is way more packed. I wouldn't want to go up against the likes of TLOU 2, FF VII Remake or Cyberpunk 2077.

November has Pokemon, that new Star Wars game and Death Stranding. Sure, it's crowded, but nowhere near as bad as what is to come in Q1 2020.

I don't think it really matters though. It's a game that will sell to its cult like audience and maybe a few curious onlookers looking to see what all the fuss is about. But yeah, I don't think it's gonna take the world by storm no matter where you release it really. The best I hope for is that it is at least profitable enough among its core audience for them to invest in Shenmue IV.

Have to agree. November is a way better release date. Q1 2020 has many titles that could be almost instant hits, like Last of us 2, Cyberpunk 2077 and the FF 7. Even I am looking forrward to them.

November is not that crowded. Star Wars will just Appeal to SW fans, Pokemon will just be something for Pokemon fans. And then we have Death Stranding. We have no clue what that game is going to be. So far the Hype is just driven with the fact that we do not know anyhing about it.

it is not sure if it will have Action Adventure qualities that could match the qualities of Shenmue or not.

I do not think so. Maybe the game will be a weird art house game, that most People even do not understand and so it's Appeal is limited. So that there is a Chance that Adventure fans will Chose Shenmue.

Last edited:
It seems at least the PC version will be at 60 fps, that's good!

Very glad to see how the game is improving and that magical aura. It's nice to see Suzuki so confident :-)

High Res images from Koch Media FR
Notes:
  • Looks like in the QTE3 at the bottom of the cabinet there is an AM2 logo?
  • In the Astro City machine the game is ??? Fighter, the fighter typography is the same from VF. I am not sure but it looks like a Chicken Akira???

Notes:
  • In the Astro City machine the game is ??? Fighter, the fighter typography is the same from VF. I am not sure but it looks like a Chicken Akira???

It has a Sega logo with AM2 beside it.
And yup, that's definitely a chicken. xD
I think it says "Chicken Fighter" If we are allowed to play a chicken based parody of Virtua Fighter, OMG! Hypeee

Theres another "Highway Star" game to the far left of the QTE Title machines on the right.

Also, I am very interested in that "Today's Challenge" game.

BTW, this looks like its only showing half of the arcade. I wanna see whats on.the left side! (There's Whack-a-Mole) Hope theres a dart game.

Last edited:
btw, this is an astro cab:

197.jpg

Notes:
Holy SHIT that really does look like a chicken Akira ???

In the livestream, Yu Suzuki seemed to imply that there will be some sort of progression in the arcades that unlocks based on high scores... maybe the out of service/coming soon machines unlock with more games if you can reach certain scores? He hinted at it but quickly said that he couldn't say anything more.

Here's a flyer for the Astro City cabinet (courtesy of Sega Retro). Like mjqjazzbar said, it's a universal cabinet design that can easily accommodate arcade boards of a certain configuration (JAMMA) so arcade operators (or particularly hardcore home enthusaists) can change games periodically without having to haul entire cabinets in and out. True to Shenmue's somewhat impossible timeline, in the real world the Astro City cabinet was introduced in 1993, and many are still in use to this day.

Last edited:
Note as well the scene of Lan Di sitting down, like in the new screenshot! Could what we see be an early version of this confrontation scene in Niaowu/Choubu that keeps being teased, or in Chi You Men HQ further on in the story...?
Just to follow from this - I found a video of just Lan Di's segment (quality still isn't great - wish we had a better quality version of the Premiere video!)

So we technically did see Lan Di sitting before the new S3 screen :p The location doesn't seem to match completely, but I still can't help but wonder if its from an early version of this scene...

I've added the higher res screens to the OP.
That Lan Di shot in HD is absolutely blowing my mind. Damn this game looks good!

Back