New Screenshots from Japan Expo Paris + Direct Feed Walmart Trailer

Eh. I think its obvious that not all games in the arcade are playable. There are clearly several machines that are out of order, and completely borked, as well as some machines saying "Coming soon", and some that dont even have names. Perhaps he meant "you can play all these games in the arcade" which is a different from "all the games in the arcade are playable"

Sorry but based on the visual evidence I remain quite skepical of them all being playable. Would love to be wrong cuz I wanna play the desert game! xD

The French translator only said that the arcade in Shenmue 3 will be an upgrade in terms of replayability. While in Shenmue 1, the only interest was to beat the games, in Shenmue 3 you earn some things depending your score. Suzuki declined to tell more as he doesn't want to spoil much.

you can win a cool Sega Sonic T Shirt for Ryo

12906390-0-image-a-2_1556628953303.jpg

The French translator only said that the arcade in Shenmue 3 will be an upgrade in terms of replayability. While in Shenmue 1, the only interest was to beat the games, in Shenmue 3 you earn some things depending your score. Suzuki declined to tell more as he doesn't want to spoil much.

You could earn prizes in Shenmue 1 too.

Agreed on Lan Di. For some reason, Ryo doesn't seem as detailed in the screens there. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be worked on last.

I fully expect this game to be far more advanced by August-September. Considering the game is done except for improvements, refinements and polish...5 months is a lot of time for this small team to make the magic happen. If they delay till January, 7 months(I still feel they'll back out of the AAA glut holiday season. Just me.)

There won’t be anymore delays.

yeah i think, there will be no more delays. i mean Suzuki said the core game is finished and that was in the first half of 2019,
everything else from that point to November is polishing and nothing else i guess.
and they showed the updated November date at the Japan Expo yesterday and Suzuki confirmed it.

maybe if Deep Silver gets the jitters they will push it to early 2020 but it doesnt really make sense
because the AAA audience then needs their money for Last Of Us 2, Watch Dogs Legion,
Cyberpunk 2077 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
i think it will release in November.

Kinda off topic for the thread, so I hope it's ok, but I was just thinking about the delay to November 2019 a bit today, and realised that it will allow them to hit more gaming events in the run up to release which will allow more momentum to build compared to the August release date.

Previously with the August 27th release date, the only real chance that they could show some stuff off was at Gamescom 2019, which was literally 3 days before the original release date. Sure, they could show off a launch trailer there or something, but now that the game has been delayed, they have more time, thus can release a slow stream of steady content in the lead up to November 19th. The delay also allows them to go to TGS 2019 (September 12th) which they previously would have missed as the game would already be out. As we have seen in the last couple of days on Amazon.jp, Shenmue is killing it in Japan so being at Japan's biggest gaming event of the year would be a massive plus in getting hype building and more awareness of Shenmue.

I feel like the delay gives them an opportunity for a much better balance in terms of marketing and will allow for more content to be pushed out to media platforms etc.

It may not get delayed again; as I said, it is a gut feeling I have.

But it could be pushed by DS if they are concerned about sales. It could go either way--you say "there won't be anymore delays" and I'm inclined to believe you more than my gut, as I feel 5 months is plenty of polish time.

That being said, this game was roughly 2 months from release before it got pushed to November; would be wise to remember that. Anything can happen.

Kinda off topic for the thread, so I hope it's ok, but I was just thinking about the delay to November 2019 a bit today, and realised that it will allow them to hit more gaming events in the run up to release which will allow more momentum to build compared to the August release date.

Previously with the August 27th release date, the only real chance that they could show some stuff off was at Gamescom 2019, which was literally 3 days before the original release date. Sure, they could show off a launch trailer there or something, but now that the game has been delayed, they have more time, thus can release a slow stream of steady content in the lead up to November 19th. The delay also allows them to go to TGS 2019 (September 12th) which they previously would have missed as the game would already be out. As we have seen in the last couple of days on Amazon.jp, Shenmue is killing it in Japan so being at Japan's biggest gaming event of the year would be a massive plus in getting hype building and more awareness of Shenmue.

I feel like the delay gives them an opportunity for a much better balance in terms of marketing and will allow for more content to be pushed out to media platforms etc.
Include EGX over in the UK too and you've got an event a month leading towards release.

Gamescom will likely have the biggest blowout followed by TGS I feel.

I hope thay're using this whole extra time to add a good variety off fish to catch xD
imagine catching up a killerwhale as an easter egg. HAHAHA then she pulls Ryo to the river and a Game Over screen appears....

Back