Random Shenmue III Thoughts

So come November 18th...launch night.

Will you be playing at Midnight? (if you have the digital version pre loaded that is to say)

Anyone planning on streaming the first night?

Will you even come to the dojo or will you avoid it like a plague?

What will you do launch night?

I plan to be conveniently sick from work on launch day and will be up playing from Midnight. As soon as it hits midnight, I will launch that pre loaded digital version for all it is worth and will play through the entire night/morning.

I just looked on PSN at Shenmue 3. I don't think its available to play at midnight. It says 11/19/19 at 11am eastern.

We all know how visually groundbreaking original Shenmue was. I could be wrong but from the initial footage and trailers we’ve seen, one thing does seem missing from Shenmue 3 visual makeup and that’s motion blur. I still remember watching the original games opening scene and marvelling at AM2’s attempt at th effect. Now we have very sophisticated options including per object motion blur, I wonder if this will be in the games more fast paced martial arts scenes.

thats very hard to tell how exclusive any of this stuff is. maybe 100% exclusive, maybe DLC on day one,
maybe DLC after one month, maybe its included in some kind of "Complete Edition" in a year or whatever ...
we dont have any example from Deep Silver because Kingdom Come Deliverance
had no special ingame items in the Kickstarter campaign. or to be precise, it had one armor and treasure maps
and that was included in the Day One Edition for everyone. and we already know whats in the Shenmue 3 japanese Day One Edition - not this black jacket.

I keep hoping that we get a update moving the release date closer. After this last update Shenmue 3 is all I can think about.

Tell me about it. For me the nerves kicked in on May 27 with three months to go, then the delay bombshell hit. Since then I've been counting down in both weeks and days, keeping myself occupied with new games, to try and speed up the countdown.

It is going to be so, so good to walk out of that damn cave in November.

Back