Kickstarter Update #115 | Trial Version Distribution Notice

Has it hit anyone else yet? In just a few days, a lot of us here will be playing Shenmue 3 for the first time! I know it's just a demo, but I can't believe after 18 years of waiting, we're finally here.

Ah come on man, dont believe those scam artists, there is no demo and there is no Shenmue 3.
You’ll see soon enough!

Has it hit anyone else yet? In just a few days, a lot of us here will be playing Shenmue 3 for the first time! I know it's just a demo, but I can't believe after 18 years of waiting, we're finally here.

Hard to believe, ain't it? After near 19 years..it's finally happening. We're finally getting out of that cave.

Honestly, just my 2 cents, but I’d love to start moving past the negativity and jokes about how the backers hate everything. I get it, but I feel like we are finally moving past that hump and can steer our conversations to a more positive discussion.
I agree.

In the short term the sentiment is probably going through death throes, so it'll be tolerated in reasonable amounts until the new surveys conclude.

Once we have far better things to talk about though, then maybe a harder line will be taken.

What is the data mining/spoiler/modding policy on this forum going to be for the demo?

Since it’s PC you know that the time limit is going to be disabled very soon after release.

Personally I’m a very curious person so I’m all for it.Anyway, just asking so I’m clear.

What is the data mining/spoiler/modding policy on this forum going to be for the demo?

Since it’s PC you know that the time limit is going to be disabled very soon after release.

Personally I’m a very curious person so I’m all for it.Anyway, just asking so I’m clear.
Once that stuff starts happening we will pop a topic up in the spoilers section.

Everything in there can be clearly marked so people can avoid datamined spoilers if they so wish.

I'm also really scared about data miners finding things. Usually I look through the game files of games I have if I have the time, but I won't with this one.

I'm not worried about seeing spoilers on the dojo. I'm worried about seeing the mainstream media news on my phone pop up with spoilers. They do that.

The Scalpers have already started... & they haven't even got the damn code yet :p:

I hope these people aren't getting refunds on top of reselling the demo. But I wouldn't even be surprised.

I am outraged by this news because...

* Shuffles cards *

I have to play this on the weekend which...

* Shuffles cards *

Is a time when I should be resting from working at my office computer and...

* Shuffles cards *

YS Net clearly wants me to injure myself by forcing me to lengthen my time spent sitting at a computer, and so now...

* Shuffles cards *

I need compensation for any potential injuries caused.

On the plus side, you've won third prize in a beauty contest.

Hi all, If someone is due to receive a code for the demo which they aren't going to use then I would be extremely grateful if you could send it to me. Basically I've just discovered (through this site) that you can steam a PC capable of playing the game to an older laptop and would love the opportunity to play it.

My pledge entitles me to the extra phone conversations but fell short of the demo.

I'm considering purchasing it on eBay but don't like the ethics behind someone using the demo as a way to make money. Especially if they cancelled their order and are due to receive a refund.

No worries if there isn't a spare code available.

Hi all, If someone is due to receive a code for the demo which they aren't going to use then I would be extremely grateful if you could send it to me. Basically I've just discovered (through this site) that you can steam a PC capable of playing the game to an older laptop and would love the opportunity to play it.

My pledge entitles me to the extra phone conversations but fell short of the demo.

I'm considering purchasing it on eBay but don't like the ethics behind someone using the demo as a way to make money. Especially if they cancelled their order and are due to receive a refund.

No worries if there isn't a spare code available.
There's a general thread over in the spoiler forum with a code exchange section. I'll add you to the list of members wanting codes.

Back