Kickstarter Update #115 | Trial Version Distribution Notice

I am in the last week of my holidays and will be back to home during the weekend, so the demo is the only good news for next week

I am outraged by this news because...

* Shuffles cards *

I have to play this on the weekend which...

* Shuffles cards *

Is a time when I should be resting from working at my office computer and...

* Shuffles cards *

YS Net clearly wants me to injure myself by forcing me to lengthen my time spent sitting at a computer, and so now...

* Shuffles cards *

I need compensation for any potential injuries caused.

Really hope the game isnt cracked open due to this demo.

That was always my biggest fear. If that would actually happen, clips would be everywhere and trolls would register here and spam spoilers in every thread. If that were to happen, you would not see me return to this forum until I have beaten the game...

Depends on your definition.

But it's highly unlikely, if not impossible, for a repeat of what happened to Yakuza 6.

Cracked open as in anything seen, found or heard that is not intended for the demo. Hacks that allow Ryo to go outside of the demo boundaries etc. Files with images of unknown characters. Tons of possibilities.

That was always my biggest fear. If that would actually happen, clips would be everywhere and trolls would register here and spam spoilers in every thread. If that were to happen, you would not see me return to this forum until I have beaten the game...
Although not guaranteed to weed out trolls and spoiler spammers, staff manually authorise accounts before they can post. There have been one or two discussions already about trying to safeguard the community if stuff like that gets out, so with any luck we can put procedures in place to mitigate the worst of it.

Cracked open as in anything seen, found or heard that is not intended for the demo. Hacks that allow Ryo to go outside of the demo boundaries etc. Files with images of unknown characters. Tons of possibilities.
In all likelihood there will probably be something, if anybody is inclined to dig enough for it. It depends if Ys Net have consciously tried to cull as much data and assets out of the demo build as they can.

yeah.. But in less than 2 months the game will be out and there will be nothing to be seen in the demo that is not on the game.
It's up to each one to know how to avoid spoilers on the internet.
Also, if the game will have aprox 100 gb, and the demo has aprox 20gb, there wont be that much to be uncoverd anyway.
In terms of story, chobu etc.

Back