Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

What a difference the music makes btw. Compare the current live streams with the initial B roll footage that had no music...what a huge difference...just hearing that familiar music again makes all the difference in presentation.
YES! Listening to a guy in the menu and it's wonderful!

Chopping wood is so comfy. I could do this all day.

Edit: also the detail in this game is insane, be sure to go in to first person mode and see what you can interact with.

I can't knock Ryo's run animation as I run similar to how he does in real life lol. It helps me last a bit longer when I run since my body doesn't feel all tensed up when running.

Last edited:
On one of the streams I watched showed transition to night which featured a couple of static images like the old games. So good, then I saw another stream where Ryo was inside a shop and he simply looked at his watch indicating it was turning night.

Curious how this is handled in final game,

Just to make sure, it is ok to post Trial Demo spoilers here right? Just don't want to ruin it for anyone lol

Just finished my first Play through in which I did nothing!!! I spent the whole time looking around and opening draws lol The game is fucking perfect! It's literally everything I wanted and more! It runs flawlessly as well, which I honestly wasn't expecting!!! Running a GTX 1070 with an old i5 2500k @4.2ghz. Game settings:- Highest @ 1080p, 180hz monitor - game runs at ~110-160fps :D!

First play through breakdown:-
  • Spent 10 minutes just looking around, panning camera.
  • Picked a load of herbs
  • Looked through all the HUD, notebook is awesome!
  • Walked back over the bridge because when a game starts you facing one way, you turn around and go back :D
  • Found the horse stance & one inch punch and tried them both out (one inch punch was harder than expected to get excellent - got once).
  • Headed back across the bridge to the Tao shop and bought 4 of the truck capsule toys.
  • Noticed how to open the inventory here so looked at everything (so cool to see the old items).
  • Took a look at the different sets that you can trade in for move scrolls and saw I needed 1 more of the trucks, so went and got it.
  • From here my aim for the remainder of the demo changed. I know wanted to go trade for that move scroll, but then noticed that you can actually change Ryo's clothes!!
  • Changed to white T.
  • Spent the next 10 minutes opening draws and looking at the "offerings" in the Tao Store.
  • Then spoke to him and looked at what he sold. Saw the purple T and had to see if Ryo could wear it!!
  • Turns out he can!!!
  • Will post the pictures as spoilers, just in case people do not want to see:-
ClothesChange.png
WhiteT.png
WearintPurple.png

The day/night cycle at 7PM was perfect & the gradual difference in colour, due to the lighting is actually so damn awesome!!

Demo ended and fuck me it is perfect! I didn't even do anything!!! Just changed a god damn T Shirt and it's still so perfect!! Looked and ran incredible and just oozes Shenmue!!

Last edited:
There's something very special about chopping wood at sunset wearing no jacket, whilst working for Mr Tao.

I broke down immediately and played it, which I don't regret at all. That was GREAT! We got our dream game guys. I'm so glad this community wouldn't quit.

I loved one inch punch. There fighting system felt good, especially when you take on the bookie leveled up. Environments are absolutely stunning. I'm going to be on cloud nine come November.

I got all the Shenmue 1 capsule toys. Nazomi's is so cute. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy the capsule grind in this more than 1 and 2 thanks to the faster animations which nicely consider those of us with this sick addiction.

Back