Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Anyone here playing the demo on PC at min specs? My current PC will only be able to handle a lower spec version of the game so I'm wondering how it looks/plays. Is it crap? Is it fine?

I don't want to read spoilers so I didn't browse the thread so forgive me if this was already discussed.
All I can tell you is it's Shenmue, you see it from moment 1. Then you get to training, sparring, and fighting. Fair minded notice right away there are HUGE improvements made, but as they are new, many die-hards don't like them. There are drawbacks though too. Overall you don't notice them once you get into it.

My CPU is literally below the minimum required, GPU is a bit better than the minimum, but not by a lot (RX 560). I can get nearly 60fps @1080p on the lowest graphics setting (which still looks very nice), or 30fps at the highest graphics setting. And if I wanted to drop the resolution, I can get 100+fps easy. The game is stupidly well optimized, I would say to give the demo a try for yourself. I'm pretty sure you can find a download pretty easily if you search around a bit, there's no DRM after all.
Ok I'm feeling good about getting the game now. Thanks for the reply!

Is it just my imagination or does the foliage actually have water droplets in rain? Or is it just surface reflection of the mud? It started in my recent playthrough (above)...the shimmering on the grass took my attention. I guess I never noticed it before but it looks like there are actual water droplets on the foliage.

Also, I never noticed before but that one dude with the crush on Shenhua and Ryo's complete obliviousness to said crush is kind of funny to me :)

I know Ryo doesn't pay much attention to the ladies in his life, but surely he can't be that oblivious to notice the dude has a crush on Shenhua :)

Ahhh Ryo, completely oblivious when it comes to the ways of love.

Back