Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I was thinking about something earlier today. Remember during the Kickstarter there was a big narrative that Sony was helping with funding of Shenmue 3. Later on Adam Boyes and others cleared up the details somewhat. I honestly think that Shenmue 3 could've raised more money if it wasn't for this headline. Once the game generated so much money people probably decided to wait for retail. Just my thoughts.

20 days ???

While playing Shenmue 1 I'm surprised about how fresh the game feels to me. I haven't played Shenmue since 2009 and there are some details I forgot about like: slot machines, Manpukuken Ramen, and Takara Sushi.

What got me excited the other day was seen when you have the option to talk to an NPC their name appears above the interaction buttons! Never realised that in the stream I saw of the demo. But if anything it just means that there will be less generic NPC's like in Shenmue 2 - Which is a massive bonus!

What got me excited the other day was seen when you have the option to talk to an NPC their name appears above the interaction buttons! Never realised that in the stream I saw of the demo. But if anything it just means that there will be less generic NPC's like in Shenmue 2 - Which is a massive bonus!

The feature sounds a bit cheated imo. What if meeting Miss Chenghua highlights Lan Di name in the corner?

I keep telling myself that yet here I fucking am.

Kind of messed up that a guy named shinobi didn't rig the vote for us segabois...

I'm not going dark. Just stay out of the spoiler thread and we should be fine. Seriously stay out of that thread?

Its the only time (I think? lol) you'll hear me talk about the KS comments, but I've absolutely had enough at this point.

I respond to specific people, those that are slinging shit for no reason and that don't deserve to have a voice, then SOMEONE ELSE, who is a spamming POS comes in and starts attacking me? No more.

The place has gotten much better in the past month or so (as I said to him, thank God for Bule lol), but I just can't believe how miserable and sad people's lives are; shit is being flung because people's lives are shit and they need a reason to be outraged, so why do it to something that people get joy out of and not constructively to try and make a difference in what is important to them?

Its disheartening to say, but I REALLY hate the world sometimes, especially westerners (who are causing all this shit, specifically, Americans).

Anyways, back on topic, spoilers are a good thing, so long as the context behind them aren't spoiled ;).

Because of that, spoilers can come at me :D

Just read that Shenmue 3 is among the eight most awaited games by Jeuxvideo.com algorithm along games such as FF7R or TLOU2, and above Luigi's Mansion 3. Jeuxvideo.com is by far the biggest gaming news site in France.

France for all its faults has always had a good taste in video games (and anime). When I moved here I discovered a whole world that didn't even exist back in the UK.

I have noticed the majority of Shenmue fans seem to reside in Europe (including the UK, soon to be non-Europe!).

The American fans are few and far between.

Its the only time (I think? lol) you'll hear me talk about the KS comments, but I've absolutely had enough at this point.

I respond to specific people, those that are slinging shit for no reason and that don't deserve to have a voice, then SOMEONE ELSE, who is a spamming POS comes in and starts attacking me? No more.

The place has gotten much better in the past month or so (as I said to him, thank God for Bule lol), but I just can't believe how miserable and sad people's lives are; shit is being flung because people's lives are shit and they need a reason to be outraged, so why do it to something that people get joy out of and not constructively to try and make a difference in what is important to them?

Its disheartening to say, but I REALLY hate the world sometimes, especially westerners (who are causing all this shit, specifically, Americans).

Anyways, back on topic, spoilers are a good thing, so long as the context behind them aren't spoiled ;).

Because of that, spoilers can come at me :D
LOL. I just looked for the first time in a couple weeks. A few hours ago a guy was complaining that he's not receiving a steelbook and that he demands one. When did the campaign EVER promise a steelbook?? I also noticed people STILL complaining about EGS within the last 24 hours. Keeeeee-rist.

I have noticed the majority of Shenmue fans seem to reside in Europe (including the UK, soon to be non-Europe!).

The American fans are few and far between.

I'm an American and a die hard fan!

PS The UK leaving the European Union does not mean that they will no longer be a part of Europe.

Back