YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

Oush!!! I'm trying not to look at trailers now but thought okay, it's only 30 seconds and wow! The best part is we still have not heard Lan Di utter a word! If there is an exteneded trailer I will be avoiding it (Really will this time :p) But I am so interested to see how Shenmue III presents Lan Di as a character. The only time we've heard him speak is at the beginning of the 1st game (Discounting flashbacks), I really think our persepctive of the character is going to change by the end of the game because we're finally going to encounter him and be within his presence more. So exciting!!!

Oush!!! I'm trying not to look at trailers now but thought okay, it's only 30 seconds and wow! The best part is we still have not heard Lan Di utter a word! If there is an exteneded trailer I will be avoiding it (Really will this time :p) But I am so interested to see how Shenmue III presents Lan Di as a character. The only time we've heard him speak is at the beginning of the 1st game (Discounting flashbacks), I really think our persepctive of the character is going to change by the end of the game because we're finally going to encounter him and be within his presence more. So exciting!!!

I always tend to forget that we have only really heard Lan Di once and seen him in 2 major scenes. In terms of the actual length of the games, we have barely seen him at all, yet his presence is felt constantly through every minute of Shenmue. Like hes just around the next corner waiting.

Definetly can't wait to see more of him.

It could be one of two things.

1) Deep Silver are starting to spend money and the ad is spreading all over the place.

2) Its a retargeting ad. Those who have viewed the ad and watched 95% of the video, are shown the ad over and over again as they are most likely to convert into customers.

As compared to someone who watched 15% of the ad and clicked away. These people are not worth retargeting as they are unlikely to convert.

Personally im hoping its option 1, but then again both options are ideal for max results

Pretty great trailer! Hope it converts some people. I hope said people focused more on Corey's great delivery against Lan Di than the robotic one describing the mirrors.

We are so damn close brothers and sisters. Final stretch!

Just keep in mind guys, that the ad is likely targeting us specifically rather than everyone, its probably like that same "phenomenon" where if you start talking about a product alot around your phone suddenly you start seeing ads for that stuff on facebook and the like. I recently just did a project working with a semi-big charity and now I am being bombarded with ads for them.

Personally, I think its actually targeting regions, not people;

- None of us outside of PAL territories has been able to see it.
- YouTube's algorithms are based more on location and general viewing, than people who are just 'mue fans.
- I get a ton of ads that I couldn't care less about and it has nothing to do with my past viewing either, but region.

Thus, I think it's safe to say that this ad will be shown to YouTubers who:

- Are Avid gamers/ones who look at gaming videos
- Are based in PAL territories

So its not a black and white, "everyone vs us diehards," but rather somewhere in the middle, thus I think the reach will be rather large, larger than what we all think.

Do we think that this might not be the endpoint for Shenmue 3 -- that is, a fight between Ryo and Lan Di -- but, perhaps, a little ways past the middle? Kind of like how Shenmue 2 could've ended at Kowloon, but instead, concluded in Guilin.

I was thinking about that; it also could be that the scene comes up and then Niao Sun makes her appearance, telling Lan Di to piss off or something and Ryo getting super angry at that, but since she's a woman, Lan Di doesn't put up a fight.

Who knows though; the anticipation is killer!

Back