Recent content by AltGr

1. AltGr

[RELEASE] Shenmue 1/2 - Misc Tools v2.00 - 10/09 NEW VERSION

In my experience, with something like half vsync or RivaTuner scanline sync the frame pacing is fine. I mostly played the game on Linux, and it's completely fine using the 60fps patch and dxvk's "dxgi.syncInterval" to cap to 30. Without this, it stutters frequently. It also works fine with...
  2. AltGr

Why not enough? The goal is just to remove the game's 30fps cap to avoid it causing improper frame pacing. The game is still being capped at 30 by an external tool. The loading screen becoming frozen side effect is caused by the "Enable Patch" toggle in Misc Tools, not by running the game at...
  3. AltGr

You can open Shenmue.exe with a hex editor, go to offset 24B57A and replace 4A with 4C. From my limited testing, the game should now run at 60fps at all times (framerate doesn't need to be unlocked, being above 30 is enough), and you can cap it to 30 with RivaTuner or whatever. For...
  4. AltGr

Shenmue 1 and 2 forklift + audio Restoration compatible with Steam deck?

You can work around it by renaming the xinput1_3.dll to msacm32.dll, and doing the same with the launch option (WINEDLLOVERRIDES="msacm32=n,b" %command%) Also, if you haven't already, you have to change the controller layout of the game to "Gamepad with Joystick Trackpad". But this is unrelated...
  5. AltGr

Shenmue I & II mods via proton?

The batch file does work on Wine like: wine '/path/to/DRAGnDROP Shenmue EXE HERE.bat' '/path/to/Shenmue.exe' In any case all it does is edit some hex values, so you can just use ghex or okteta or whatever hex editor you want and search for the 4 patterns written in the bath file for the v1.07...
  6. AltGr

[RELEASE][Shenmue II HD] Japanese audio restored (redreamcasted)

Thanks! Yes, they'll work together. That mod replaces .SND files and this one .xWMA files.
  7. AltGr

Shenmue 1 & 2 Possible Mod/Fix for frame pacing issues on PC Version?.

Well yeah, but what I meant is that from a visual point of view, the mini-stutter is gone. I know it's just a band-aid solution.
  8. AltGr

Why? I tried half vsync with the 60 offset and with the 200+fps one and I didn't note any difference: no issues with either one. Simply, with the 200+fps one Ryo can't interact with anything, can't move to another area and so on, so that's why I went with the 60. With half-vsync and the regular...
  9. AltGr

It's the game's frame rate limiter. Forcing half vsync and changing the game's limiter to 60 (since I don't think there's a way to just disable it) fixes the framepacing issues and the game runs completely smooth at 30fps. That's my experience anyway, and I told this in the steam forums and...
  10. AltGr

Male voice. I guess it wouldn't be too complicated to also add the audios with the female voice and the corresponding subtitles (they are already there, just not showing up), not sure if anyone is interested in that though.
  11. AltGr

I wrote "a la SARP" to avoid writing further explanations since everyone here probably knows your mod and since it has the same effect, nothing more. If I would have followed that documentation or used those scripts I would have talked to you first and/or gived you credit. I simply used this...
  12. AltGr

I put them on "Permission and credits" though.
  13. AltGr

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/shenmue2/mods/9 I've added the audio files from the Dreamcast discs converted to WAV (a la Shenmue Audio Restoration Project) to the "redreamcasted" mod I was working on. Besides the restored audio quality it also brings: Uncensored voice tracks: d3t cut and...
  14. AltGr

How easy is it to edit subtitles for Shenmue II (re-release) on PC and how would I manage it?

I've uncensored his name in the latest version. They didn't do a very good job changing his name in the Dreamcast PAL version anyway, because others call him Haoyi but he still calls himself Hassan.
Back