Recent content by Aryudsoh

1. A

Why did Shenmue 1 and 2 struggle to capture more of an audience?

Oh it definitely would have looked worse on PS2. Just compare Yakuza to Shenmue on the Dreamcast. It's not about how it would look though. It's the fact that it would have had more exposure and more chance of success. It was the most popular console of the generation.
  2. A

Why did Shenmue 1 and 2 struggle to capture more of an audience?

If they had released both games on the PS2 it would have had a chance at success. Releasing only the sequel on the Xbox was bound to fail. Also, even if they'd released both games, the fact that it was on Xbox guaranteed a lack of Japanese sales. The Yakuza series didn't get success in the...
  3. A

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

Thanks for the mod. I ended up only using the no energy drain one. Didn't want to break the cut scenes with the camera fix mod. I did try the NPC fix and the herb location one but they completely tanked my framerate no matter how low I set my resolution and quality settings (took them down to...
  4. A

Is the framerate supposed to be so bad?

Yeah my flatmate booted up TLOU2 and it really did sound like a jet engine even when there wasn't much happening on screen.
  5. A

Tested at 1440p and performance drastically improved. I'm surprised that my rig can't handle Shenmue 3 at 4K60 as it doesn't look so demanding visually but live and learn.
  6. A

That's worrying then. I already installed the mod but frame dips are so constant. It's close to unplayable when roaming around. It is connected to my 4K TV as opposed to my 1440p monitor but if I should be getting over 60fps most of the time then that's definitely not the case. I'll test more...
  7. A

I'll try lowering the resolution to 1440p and see if that improves things.
  8. A

Is the framerate supposed to be so bad? It had lots of moments in Bailu but in Niaowu the slowdown is even worse. It reminds me of Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast. For example it always tanks when I weave between those tables on the way to Blossom Walk. I'm running an RTX 2080 in my rig...
Back