Recent content by Breaking Kaze

1. Breaking Kaze

Been trying to mess around with the save files

I know there's a way to convert US saves to PAL saves, I wonder if that conversion will allow cross compatibility between the PC and DC versions?
  2. Breaking Kaze

What version of Demul?
  3. Breaking Kaze

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Anyone else irritated by the complete lack of safety awareness in the Harbor? I worked in a warehouse for about a decade, and all I can think is WOW, it's amazing they don't have 20 forklifts tipped daily. I know it's just a game and it's likely the result of a limitation of the game engine...
  4. Breaking Kaze

I was reading a forum post the other day, and I think the emulator you use is as important as anything else. I don't know about using the VGA cable or anything like that, but I think that some emulators don't actually inspect the checksum, or have some way to bypass the checksum. As far as...
  5. Breaking Kaze

Yeah. I'm not certain if it works in the other direction, because there are other files that seem to be tied into saves. However, being the n00b I am, I forgot about cheat engine. So, I now have plenty of money by using a memory searcher. Oops. I'm just shocked they essentially just used a VMU...
  6. Breaking Kaze

The title basically says it all, but I was wondering if there's anyone here who used to mess with the save files back in the day on the Dreamcast. I've been messing around with it, and from what I can tell (at least for Shenmue 1) all they did was strip the VMU data from the file to make it work...
Back