Recent content by chronopolis

1. C

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Never heard of him.
  2. C

Shenmue 3 Marketing Analysis Thread

They don't want to recreate the failed Soviet Union. They want to make the US a little more like the Scandinavian countries. Huge difference.
  3. C

Pro & Cons of Shenmue III based on Demo.

You also have to take into account inflation. 70 million for S1 + S2 would be 100+ million in today's dollars.
  4. C

Shenhua's New Yellow Banana Suit

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like her ugly as hell outfit. It would be more tolerable without her hat I feel, which is the worst part of her outfit for me personally. As someone else said hopefully someone in the modding community makes a better looking outfit.
  5. C

Yu Suzuki Says Shenmue 3 Will Get Us 40 Percent Through Ryo's Story

If Shenmue 4 becomes a thing after 3 is released the community HAS to get involved somehow on the PR/Marketing side of things or at least impress upon Yu just how terrible the PR/Marketing/trailers have been handled up to this point. We cannot let it happen again.
  6. C

Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive For PC Version! Part 2

What I find shocking is I'm convinced that fans from the community would've done a much better job at a lot of these things (Marketing, PR, trailers etc) It's incredible.
  7. C

Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

I think Yu made a huge blunder letting people who were only comfortable creating cartoonish models create character models for this game. That alone is making the game look rough at times. The non-cartoonish (outsourced?) models blow those models out of the water. Hopefully they manage to iron...
  8. C

Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

The only thing that's probably going to save this game saleswise is if it gets good reviews. If somehow we end up getting Shenmue 4 out of this then things are going to have to be handled drastically differently.
  9. C

This Shenmue 3 pregnancy has been a really rough one. Hopefully the baby is worth it.
  10. C

Marketing Shenmue 3

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. It doesn't matter what Shenmue does better or worse than other RPGs/Open world games when it comes to advertising because most of the targets of the ads won't know that until they play it. You're confusing what is true (which is a bit...
  11. C

Marketing Shenmue 3

Marketing Shenmue 3 isn't difficult at all. What will Shenmue 3 contain? Cool fighting scenes? Check. Beautiful environments? Check. Dramatic cutscenes? Check. Exploration? Check. Quirky minigames? Check. Not to mention great music. Don't you think a few short video ads could be made out of...
  12. C

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

Yeah i saw that post actually. The thing is, I don't think there's any excuse not to try to bring in new players. Why spend so much time and energy into what will undoubtedly be a good game only to limit it's success by screwing up on the marketing/presentation side of things ? That could...
  13. C

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

New member but long time Shenmue fan here (like everyone else, I know). Is it just me, or is Shenhua's outfit...inadequate at best if not ugly? I just feel like it's too simple and I don't like the color. The hat in particular is really bad. Maybe if they get rid of that I could tolerate the...
Back