Recent content by dark1x

1. D

Revealed: Sega's cancelled Shenmue HD remake - with fully updated graphics (EuroGamer) Update 16/10 - Sega respond

Well, let's be fair here... 1) They did have the option to toggle between new and old graphics 2) Shenmue 2 was only 10% complete and there was a LOT of work left to do - Shenmue 1 was 50% complete and the first few areas received the most attention at this point. So I suspect Shenmue 2 would...
  2. D

Revealed: Sega's cancelled Shenmue HD remake - with fully updated graphics (EuroGamer) Update 16/10 - Sega respond

Also worth noting - they were working on a new animation system that would have replaced all original in-game animations with a more advanced alternative. That wasn't yet finished when this video was made, unfortunately.
  3. D

Well, I've learned that they were indeed implementing a toggle button to allow you to switch between new and old graphics in real-time. Which would have been perfect.
  4. D

I can't say anything about where this came from, obviously. I'm also not entirely certain why specifically the UK got this ball rolling in the first place. Perhaps there were simply Shenmue fans at Sega UK that wanted this project to happen and they worked to ensure that it did?
  5. D

Unlikely. Sega UK basically closed up shop last week and lots of people were let go. QA was moved to Bulgaria. This whole project was started in the UK hence d3t working with them. No chance this is revived. :(
  6. D

Vague speculation from insider on problems with this port...

As Zoyous suggests, I believe most if not all other Dreamcast ports use pre-recorded audio which is the norm for DC games. I can't remember if Skies of Arcadia used samples, though, or pre-recorded audio but I do know that the Gamecube version sounds much worse. I believe most other ports are...
  7. D

Ohhh, you did the logo!? I love that design. Awesome work! I certainly hope you're right too about getting the game fixed. Let's see what the next patch on console brings.
  8. D

Thanks and I can give some insight into this one. I was, unfortunately, under tight constraints with the coverage. I put about 2-3 hours into each version of the games - which means PS4, Pro, Xbox One and XOX in both Shenmue 1 and 2. That's eight different capture sessions and, with a tight...
Back