Recent content by Gamer707b

1. G

The “definitive” Shenmue experience? HD collection VS originals.

I wont get too technical here, but if you have the originals then I would say stick to those. If you don't have a Dreamcast or don't want to track one down then your best choice might be the newer releases. As far as quality goes, its night and day. The originals stand the test of time. No...
  2. G

IGN Reporting Bugs - Dojo cited.

Fair enough. But in the interest of transparency and honesty, I was looking at the bugs section where you said, "warning will be issued the next time someone misuses this thread' or something like that. Literally right after you made that comment someone I was talking to commented and I did the...
  3. G

For people saying "hey at least we got Shenmue" I feel the opposite. Im a person that feels, if you don't do it right , then don't do it at all. I could have been fine never having the hd games. This is where my strong opinion comes in. I love going back to my old game 5,10, 15 or more years...
  4. G

Why do moderators take it so personal when someone knocks d3t or Sega? I reading the posts and its like everytime someone mentioned their strong opinion a moderator has to come to the rescue. I thought as a consumer we have a right to criticize what we spent money on. If I buy a car, game...
  5. G

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

That is why I said most of you here have a lot more patience than I do. I just don't have that level of patience. I don't care what game it is. I like to be objective as a consumer. Nothing is getting a pass from me. I traded my copy in today , so my hands are washed. Again, I admire your...
  6. G

There's really nothing else to say. I pretty much said it here.
  7. G

I haven't been on here in a while and was curios to see if people were still playing this game.. I guess you all have a lot more patience and understanding than I do , because this port should be embarrassing to d3t. And Sega's as well. At the end of the day, this is Sega's ip . I understand...
  8. G

Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Im going to chime in and say, being a gamer for 35 years makes me appreciate Nintendo even more. I may not like some of their business practices but I have NEVER played a game from them that was not polished to perfection or had any glitches or ever needing a day one patch.. I challenge someone...
  9. G

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

Its the game. I had the same experience.
  10. G

Just finished Shenmue 1 hd today. There was quite a few bugs in the first half, but I was pleasantly surprised that the 2nd half was bug free. Go figure. This was the first time I played it in ages. As a game on its own merit, the story and characters still drew me in. But the gameplay has aged...
  11. G

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

I am through most of the game and as I play , I am both shaking my head in disbelief and enjoying it at the same time. Did they not bug test the game or went about any quality assurance before release? Ive gamed for 35 years. Yes 35 years and Ive NEVER played a game as buggy as this. Does the...
  12. G

As a fan of the original releases, I was happy to support Shenmue again. As a fanboy I can say its an awesome re-release. But I wont do that. Thinking from a fair and objective point of view, this re-release is a complete mess. There's no reason why a game should be released in this state. We as...
  13. G

Wich games have been remotely able to surprise you as Shenmue did?

You have the same exact taste as I do. Love all your choices. With the exception of Zelda OOT, I still own all these games from when I bought them way back when.
  14. G

Who DIDN'T get it early?

Im getting it on Tuesday. My plans are, pick it up from my hometown, then traveling to Los Angeles for both work then to see my Mom after(she lives in LA). You better believe Im playing at Mom's house and eating Mom's awesome home cooked food.
Back