Recent content by Gang Entertainment

1. Gang Entertainment

What Tracks from the Shenmue 3 OST Are New?

For what it's worth, I used this as a basis for my own spreadsheet and have finally finished filling it out. When I realized that the "Definitive Soundtrack" was FAR from definitive, I started diving into the game files to try and figure out what was missing. Luckily, before I spent too much...
  2. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack - Custom Tracklisting + 62 Extra Tracks

Sorry, me again. After looking into it even further, it seems the Bandcamp version IS the right one! These are both tracks from Afterburner II, and when you match them up that way, "Red Out" is the correct title for the Level 2 music and "Maximum Power" is the correct title for the Level 3 music.
  3. Gang Entertainment

INTERESTING. So on my version of the soundtrack, which I purchased digitally thru Bandcamp, those two track names are reversed! So while still listed as 43 - Maximum Power and 44 - Red Out, the songs themselves are swapped compared to what they are on other digital versions of the soundtrack...
  4. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

In case anyone is curious, I thought I'd share the full list of exactly what's included on that blu-ray disc: SHENMUE: THE GANG EDITION Full Movie (1 hr 45 min) with Audio Commentary by Terry Mulrenin, Mike Paprocki, and Jake Mulrenin Trailer 4 Deleted / Original Scenes "Lost" Shenmue II...
  5. Gang Entertainment

First of all, @MetalSonic , you are a rockstar for putting in the work on this. I started the exact same project myself a while ago, but got busy and didn't get very far. And now that I have the time and was about to jump back in, I find your post and see you've done pretty much all the work I...
  6. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

We were beyond excited to put together the new re-mastered Shenmue: The Gang Edition Trilogy blu-ray for this project! The disc actually has over 8 HOURS of content - all 3 movies plus bonus features, including our recent interview with Shenmue Dojo! We hope fans old and new will enjoy adding...
  7. Gang Entertainment

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

This is off to a great start! The moments they've added that don't take place in the game are very good and help establish the characters nicely (since you can't go and have a gillion one-on-one conversations with every single character like you would in the game). The pace of the narrative...
  8. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

That was a fantastic trailer. My main thoughts after watching it: -I hope we don't have to wait 18 years between seasons... -There is enormous potential to expand on the story from the games, especially when they get around to Shenmue III. Huge opportunity to take the sloppy storytelling from...
  9. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue Anime will be at New York Comic Con

As it says this is a "virtual screening," I believe that means you can tune in live if you purchase a 4-day virtual pass for $20. Right?
  10. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue Dojo Interviews Gang Entertainment

Thank you to Matt for hosting us on the show, we had a blast talking about Shenmue and reminiscing about making our movies. What a cool opportunity!
  11. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

Sorry if this was covered already somewhere in this topic, but had anyone gone through and analyzed just how complete this definitive soundtrack is compared to the gamerips that are here on the Dojo? I bought the digital soundtrack, but off the top of my head, I noticed that Joy's theme was not...
  12. Gang Entertainment

Shenmue: The Gang Edition - 20 Years Later...

Hi everyone, we're celebrating the 20th anniversary of our cult-classic fan movie, Shenmue: The Gang Edition! The movie has been re-released on our new website and on YouTube for the first time as a full-length movie (so not split into 8 different parts - cause back when we uploaded it like 10...
  13. Gang Entertainment

So does Niao Sun have both mirrors now? And other dangling plot threads...

I agree that Shen Hua will somehow prove integral to how the mirrors are used, but at this point in the story, I think it's safe to say that none of the characters (Shen Hua included) would have any reason to think that just yet. Well, maybe Shen Hua's father. If only Ryo had thought to ask a...
  14. Gang Entertainment

So does Niao Sun have both mirrors now? And other dangling plot threads...

Haha, thanks for the smile. Not to diverge from the topic, but I do always appreciate you guys that still fondly remember our movies. Terry and I did play through big chunks of Shenmue III together, including the ending. Came up with a lot of jokes along the way that we'll probably turn into a...
  15. Gang Entertainment

Why the story in Shenmue 3 is good/Why the story in Shenmue 3 is bad

For me, Niao Sun had to be the biggest letdown of the game. Plot twists only work if there's been some kind of setup - something to give you expectations that can then be turned upside down. But both twists involving her character come out of nowhere. Let's imagine for a sec that we haven't had...
Back